Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

KevinMac's Semi-Budget Build...Project Deathstar

Old 06-20-2013, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

So after all this, I was too lazy to want to cook dinner and ordered Thai food instead. While my g/f ran into the restaraunt to get the food I sat outside repeatedly setting off my alarm while trying to disable the "horn sounding when locking the door" feature. My neighbor's don't want to know every time I look my doors. Especially if it is a late night coming home from the bar!

Allegedly, this is all you have to do but I couldn't get it to work for the life of me:

Press and hold the Lock button on the fob for at least 5 seconds, while still holding the lock button press the Panic button and release both.

I could't get that one to work so I gave up and moved on to others. I was able to reprogram it so that the door fob would unlock all 4 doors with 1 press of the unlock button.

Press and hold the Lock button on the fob for at least 5 seconds but no more than 10. While still holding the Lock button press and hold the Unlock button. Release both and test.

JK Wrangler Power Locks Tweaks

I also eliminated the seat dinger which was driving me crazy!

NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.
The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver’s seat belt remains unfastened.

Low Cost Mods

Cost: Freebies!

Last edited by KevinMac; 07-23-2013 at 05:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Alextorello (08-30-2018)
Old 06-20-2013, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for all the time you are putting into this thread

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-22-2013, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

No worries, it's actually quite fun!

So, also from the "low cost mod" thread, I picked up the 130 piece tool kit from Harbor Freight that fits perfectly in the cargo area. Retail price was $35 but HF had an online coupon so I got it for $27. Disclaimer: The tools are no Snap-On or Matco but, they will work in a pinch.

Here is a quick shot of the case:

Cost: $27

Last edited by KevinMac; 07-23-2013 at 05:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Alextorello (08-30-2018)
Old 06-22-2013, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

at least you have tools you will be better off than 90 percent of the people out there. also find you a snatch strap. a buba rope would look good as they are black and it would go with your theme a little better than a bright colored one. with that you will have just about everything you need for mild trail riding
Old 06-22-2013, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

Congrats on all your mods.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Starting to really come along man!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KevinMac
No worries, it's actually quite fun!

So, also from the "low cost mod" thread, I picked up the 151 piece tool kit from Harbor Freight that fits perfectly in the cargo area. Retail price was $35 but HF had an online coupon so I got it for $27. Disclaimer: The tools are no Snap-On or Matco but, they will work in a pinch.

Here is a quick shot of the case:
Can you post a link for this? Thanks!!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1HIJK
Can you post a link for this? Thanks!!
My mistake, it is a 130pc set, not 151, I must have some Bacardi rum on my mind!

The link is below and looks like the coupon is good until the end of June. It is about 1/3 the way down on the right, the Pittsburgh Tool Set.

130 Piece Tool Kit with Case

@airborned: I like the Bubba Rope...now I just need to find them on sale as they are quite a bit more than a typical recovery strap. Well....I guess I can shop around or just wait until I'm drunk on eBay again

Last edited by KevinMac; 06-24-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Another beautiful weekend, another round of working on the new JKU! Summer finally found its way to Michigan...took it long enough!

With the weekend comes new toys as well!

I spent an hour or so putting in new smoked marker and turn signal lights. At the same time I tossed on the powercoated guards for the markers, turn signals and fog lights. I have them on order for the tail lights and they should be here today....come on UPS, don't fail me now!

I like the way they look and with the amber bulbs still show a good bit of orange when they are on. I've been going back and forth on the smoked tail lights but have been delaying as I don't know how Michigan LEO's would feel about them...even with the red LED's.

Since I was already crawling under, over and around the front end. I decided the stock prop rod is a PITA and needs to go. On with the Rugged Ridge Hood Struts! These were simple bolt on and took about 20 minutes to install. They seem pretty robust and held the hood quite well. I'll leave the prop rod under the hood for now until I have a better warm fuzzy but I'd expect to take that off in the coming weeks.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Next up...I have a lot of trees in my yard and my driveway is under a giant Chinese Elm. For anyone that has these trees, they are great for shade. The downside is that any time the wind blows over 3mph, they drop all kinds of leaves and small branches. After owning my JKU for about 2 weeks now, I noticed the vent at the cowl was already quite full of these damn leaves. Weighing my options I decided it was easier and cheaper to put the cowl cover on instead of cutting down the tree. I know it can be mounted either forward or rearward but chose rearward as I'm not trying to scoop up leaves and bugs.

Quick Reply: KevinMac's Semi-Budget Build...Project Deathstar