Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Maertz's Half Ass Build Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by awinski
i figured for a while one jeep related forum was enough for me. why can't there just be one. it would be sooo much simpler
So very true
Old 11-23-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well first official trail run so far. It held up with no problems yet. People were not wrong mounting the coilovers to my roll cage is definitely loud. The coil noise seems to be amplified throughout the cage so far...

Not many pics, but even in the wash it seemed alot more stable and able to handle the woops. Still need to adjust front bumps and do a ton of cosmetics. Need to finish that front axle not having 4 wheel drive sucks....
Old 11-23-2014, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

looking at both of your threads at the same time #magic
Old 11-23-2014, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Not many pics, but even in the wash it seemed alot more stable and able to handle the woops. Still need to adjust front bumps and do a ton of cosmetics. Need to finish that front axle not having 4 wheel drive sucks....[/QUOTE]

Tunning the dual rate stops down really helps a lot too, if you havent already played with them
Old 11-24-2014, 03:18 PM
JK Jedi

Yeah i noticed that mine was not on right i need to adjust mine... Also need to adjust my front bumps. Those 2 alone will make a big difference.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:44 PM
JK Jedi

Well looks like ill be needing to go a little stiffer on my upper spring up front its damn near collapsed at ride height. may try a 200 over 300

The rear looks better. Still kind of wish i would have done 18" lol

Last edited by Maertz; 11-24-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Looks really good so far, I know my coilover rates are 250/350 and it's decent on road but in the dirt is a nice comfortable ride although the desire for some suspension seats is creeping higher and higher on the priority list...
Old 11-24-2014, 05:26 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by briaros6
Looks really good so far, I know my coilover rates are 250/350 and it's decent on road but in the dirt is a nice comfortable ride although the desire for some suspension seats is creeping higher and higher on the priority list...
Yours are same front to rear? My rear end is a ton lighter but i dont have a spare or carrier yet.. But the front also doesnt have my winch installed.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
Yours are same front to rear? My rear end is a ton lighter but i dont have a spare or carrier yet.. But the front also doesnt have my winch installed.
Yes, I'm not running a very heavy front bumper and winch combo and I'm also not running a rear bumper (which makes up for the heavy ass Nitto hanging out back) at all so my weight load isn't very much from stock. It'll be interesting when I do start adding armor though...
Old 11-26-2014, 09:36 AM
JK Jedi

Well got the forklift test out of the way... Overall not bad... Could not max the front out though as my bumps in front and rear are off. I figured they would be but they are all heavily tacked on as i plan to redo them for the next tires anyway as these run small. Still happy the front shocks clear the frame by about a 1/2 inch so even at full flex they should not get into the frame. Front tire got around 4 feet and the rear was around 5 feet. I will measure better once i get all my bumps and such dialed in.