Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Maertz's Half Ass Build Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 08:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by big dr

Ya,, I would hope the PR is stronger. Since I am mostly ignorant as to what can and cant be converted on an axle(usually anything is possible) I asked Dynatrac what it would take to make mine a full float at Tierra Del Sol last year. Their reply was it would be cheaper just to buy a new housing and sell the old.
I would think you could just weld on full float spindles..... I welded new one on mine and i dont see any reason to need everything else.....i did however have to run 14 bolt hubs as i ordered front d60 spindles... You could also get the front flanges that bolt on spindles from ruff stuff as another option...
Old 08-20-2014, 12:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
I would think you could just weld on full float spindles..... I welded new one on mine and i dont see any reason to need everything else.....i did however have to run 14 bolt hubs as i ordered front d60 spindles... You could also get the front flanges that bolt on spindles from ruff stuff as another option...
This exactly. Solid can do this for a lot less than a new housing. I recently talked to Ruff Stuff about their 9" housing and they said you buy weld on flanges and then bolt D60 hubs to that. Solid has it all. If I recall, it was maybe $1500 for a rear, which included the JK package to make sure all the electronics plugged in.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Maertz;3816087]
Next I ditched the ****tbilt rear tubular for an eautogrilles swing out tire carrier. This thing has been beat on pretty good and I have no complaints at all. Sure the coating got its *** kicked and it got dinged a little on rocks, but all in all i was happy.

Mounted my hi-lift to it by drilling 2 holes and putting 2 bolts thru them..

I then bought a hitch cargo rack from harbor freight for like 75 dollars and cut it up a little.

Grinded my swing out bumper to prepare it for the cargo carrier.

And walla.

QUOTE]

I like this idea to carry sandy stuff from the beach and have a shittybilt rear bumper with tire carrier going on today or tomorrow (it was cheap) and I want to mount a basket like that that, did you have any issues with noises or anything you would have changed?

btw badass build that I wish I could do to mine, but I have no reason to around here where we have to travel 9 hours for good rocks so I just get a RK kit (was cheap) and some other stuff to make it perform decent when I hopefully get to go out and wheel it somewhere with real trails.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Jedi

It worked out well and I had no complaints. It held about 300 lbs on my 1600 mile move. I debated making it removable but didn't as i didn't want any noise.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:49 PM
JK Jedi

A quick teaser update.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140825_153204.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	572923  
Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 PM
JK Freak

It almost looks like there's two different yellow's goin' on there!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:23 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by briaros6
It almost looks like there's two different yellow's goin' on there!
O i promise its all safety yellow lol. But the current cage thing is extremely half ass painted as i just wanted to see the look. I still have to do the cage work.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Maertz
A quick teaser update.
Looking pretty awesome! I like how the more you cut on your jeep and the more "home grown" It becomes the better it looks! I coulda sworn you would go with white monstaliner to keep your white/black theme, you threw a curveball.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:03 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by supdoggen

Looking pretty awesome! I like how the more you cut on your jeep and the more "home grown" It becomes the better it looks! I coulda sworn you would go with white monstaliner to keep your white/black theme, you threw a curveball.
I still may i just rattled it to get a basic idea on how it looks. But thank you sir!
Old 09-13-2014, 09:09 AM
JK Junkie

you get some gears in the rear yet?