Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Magnacharger

Old 04-25-2014, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSteve
Mine was the Jeep that they installed the supercharger on at Moab and I can tell you that I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I got to wheel Kane Creek after they installed it and the power delivery was awesome on trail. The system delivered power smoothly and there were no sudden boost hits, like other systems have and yes I have personally watched it happen. During the roughly 800 mile drive home the vehicle pulled hard when going through mountain passes and gave me that extra I needed to maintain a reasonable speed uphill. Would I do it again? Absolutely yes. The system starts making power where it should in a Jeep, just off idle. Does it make the most hp on the market? No. But what good is another 15 hp at 6000 rpm?
Do you have a manual or auto?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blown-JK
Do you have a manual or auto?
I have an auto with 4.10 gearing.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 46chevytruck
Curious how your jeep was used for this demo install? Nice jeep by the way.
I was in the right place at the right time. They wanted to do an install live and I was in the market for a supercharger.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was in the right place at the right time. They wanted to do an install live and I was in the market for a supercharger.
. Nice. The BedRug guys grabbed me in Moab and set me up with a complete bedtred/BedRug kit for my jeep! Moab magic!
Old 04-25-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice. The real question is did you have to pay for it?!? That would be a hot lotto ticket!
Old 08-31-2014, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

I'm reviving an old thread to see if there's been any improvement in the Magnacharger tuning? I saw an announcement that Magnuson has recently taken all the tuning aspects completely in-house. I believe they were sharing those duties with Diablo previously. For you guys with Magnachargers, let me know what you think! Thanks.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rgeorge33
I'm reviving an old thread to see if there's been any improvement in the Magnacharger tuning? I saw an announcement that Magnuson has recently taken all the tuning aspects completely in-house. I believe they were sharing those duties with Diablo previously. For you guys with Magnachargers, let me know what you think! Thanks.
Not much yet. Magnuson did take it in-house quite awhile ago. They purchased a 2013 just for tuning. As of a few weeks ago there was only one update that was sent to a few shops with the right testing equipment. This update requires a new bypass valve be installed prior. It appears Magnason is at a loss and is now relying on these shops. I have not contacted sales yet for the bypass valve and am going to wait awhile. I hope by spring someone will figure this out. I'm losing faith though and am not holding my breath at this point.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I checked earlier this week with them and no updates for my '07 Magnacharger. Pretty disappointing. I also have one of the pulleys squeezing pretty bad. I assume it will fail and am awaiting a response from their customer service. The added power is great but it is a little surprising they have not figured out the tune. The bearing may be a one off.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blown-JK
Not much yet. Magnuson did take it in-house quite awhile ago. They purchased a 2013 just for tuning. As of a few weeks ago there was only one update that was sent to a few shops with the right testing equipment. This update requires a new bypass valve be installed prior. It appears Magnason is at a loss and is now relying on these shops. I have not contacted sales yet for the bypass valve and am going to wait awhile. I hope by spring someone will figure this out. I'm losing faith though and am not holding my breath at this point.
Thanks for your feedback... I'm leaning heavily towards a Motech LS Swap because of the issues you and others have experienced. It seems to be especially prevalent with the auto transmissions, since nobody can tune the 2012+ transmissions.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:53 AM
JK Newbie

I've also been posting on the Wrangler forum updates. Magnuson does have an updated tune. The short version: If you have an early Mag you will need the updated bypass actuator to run the new tune. They seemed to have really richened the fuel mixture as you can really smell the fuel especially at warm up. This seemed to correct the surging and it pulls much harder at the top of the RPM band. The bad: no improvement in shifting points and the Jeep seems to really lag (feels like drag) at normal throttle / driving conditions until you are at WOT. It's like all or nothing. I do not like this tune and will most likely reinstall my previous tune. Currently I experienced massive crashes / glitches with the Diablo tuner and my ECU. The Jeep will not not even start. The ECU VIN somehow got wiped out. Diablo sent an RA to have me send them my ECU and Trinity tuner for a full restore. I am shipping it out today and will repost once I receive it back.