Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Magnacon build

Old 04-17-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The supercharger is installed and we are getting close! Can't wait to get this thing fired up and go take it for a spin.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

The Magnuson Supercharger is installed and completely finished. I have only taken it for on quick ride up and down 191 at trail pressure in the tires (15 psi) but WHAT A DIFFERENCE. This thing builds boost so smoothly and so linear I swear I thought it wasn't making power until I looked down at my speedometer and was doing 75 mph. It feels factory smooth, there is no boost hit at all, and blower whine is very minimal. My Jeep truly is a joy to drive now. I still can't get the grin off my face! Anyone looking for a supercharger I can absolutely recommend the Magnuson kit. It has an easy factory like install, it works great and is a very clean looking install.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! How much $ am I looking at to get a supercharger like this?
Old 04-19-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for an 07-11 with a 3.8L
Magnuson Jeep Wrangler JK 2007-2010 3.8L Intercooled Supercharger
Old 04-20-2014, 08:35 PM
JK Super Freak

For those that have the 3.6L motor here is a link for that kit. Magnuson Jeep Wrangler JK 2012-2014 3.6L Intercooled Supercharger I got to drive my Jeep home today, roughly 12 hours. What a difference this kit made! Pulling hills and passing was much easier with the extra power.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Wanted to post up a few photos from EJS 2014. Had a lot of fun this time around. Did Porcupine Rim, Steel Bender, Area BFE, Kane Creek and Fins N Things. Got to see some amazing views of Moab.

This is the view from the top of Porcupine Rim. That is Castle Valley. The photo really doesn't do it justice.

Coming down Dragons Tail on Steel Bender.

Hey what does text book high centering look like? About like this! Oops. Turns out there was more drop than I thought.

Got to wheel Area BFE and meet the gentleman they call "Grandpa" if you have heard of Grandpa's Garage in Moab this is the guy. Quite possibly one of the nicest people I have ever met.

Got to do some wheeling with the JCR Offroad guys. Again great folks. They are all really genuine wheelers who love what they do. Got to push myself on one of Fins N Things optional lines....Thanks Brian for that slight moment of panic! If I can find the video/photo I will post it.

Me and the Mrs. had a great time!

Old 04-25-2014, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkymoffett
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3590330817.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	548500 Here's my '07 install.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2434152344.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	548501

Moab was awesome. And I drove from WI
Old 04-26-2014, 06:11 AM
JK Super Freak

I tell ya I don't know how anyone gets better gas mileage with a supercharger. I can't keep my foot out of it! Wisconsin...been there a few times. My mom is from Kenosha.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Been kinda busy recently but I wanted to post up some more images from Moab.

While I was at Area BFE I was lucky enough to watch Brad Lovell do an exhibition run up Helldorado, that was all sorts of cool. Make me realize just how mundane and tame my Jeep is compared to what's out there. Now granted his is a full tube chassis race rig but the man literally walked it right over some real big rocks and right up the waterfall at the end. Really impressive stuff. Also was lucky enough to have a beer with him later in the day and talk racing. First time I have ever got to really set down and talk to someone who is really out there doing it. I can tell you that was a memory I wont soon forget or that he was gracious enough to sit down in the first place. Thanks Brad.

Went out to Fins N Things with the guys from JCR Offroad and got convinced into pushing my limits. Let's face it no one wants to be the guy that passes on the hard obstacle that everyone else is doing. All 4 tires were spinning on the rock and the Jeep slowly started to wander sideways. So I had to back down and give it another shot. Really good feeling once I got to the top though. Other than the fact that I thought I hurt the motor, more on that later.

Couple more shots from that run.

So remember how I thought I hurt the motor? So it turns out that I was on the climb for too long and manage to suck up some oil through the PCV system. Let me tell out that nothing will make you poop yourself quite like the feeling that you may have just hurt your Jeep with the brand new supercharger on it when your 800 miles from home, with your wife and your parents. I totally thought it was about to get expensive and I was going to have a not so pleasant talk with the Mrs. Luckily we got it back on level ground and checked the oil level. Good there. All other fluids good so we fired back up and let it idle for a little while. Turns out just a little oil getting burned off, no real damage. THANK GOD! I did learn something though. Perhaps I should invest in an oil catch can or learn to drive better so that I'm not on an incline like that for that long.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:14 PM
JK Super Freak

I couldn't leave well enough alone so it's time for the next round of mods. This time we're going to keep things light

I am installing LED headlights and tail lights from Anzo

Blacked out LED turn signals

Lastly for today a 52 inch LED light bar for the windshield on Anzo brackets

Started at the rear with the tail lights. Got the resistor installed first then plugged in the new tail lights. Super easy plug and play.

To give you some idea of the difference between the two side by side.

Quick Reply: Magnacon build