Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Method Race Wheels

Old 01-13-2015, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tachyon
Torqued them myself. It was an issue with the thickness of the tire beads. It caused the ring to cone, which then caused the bolts to eventually fail.

I assure you that they were torqued exactly as described by their instructions.

The new spacers will prevent the coning, which should prevent the type of failure that I experienced.
I know it's a different company but same with my Trail Ready beadlock wheels cause I have the MTR tires which they say have a bigger bead I needed to buy spacers too to prevent premature failure.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tachyon
Torqued them myself. It was an issue with the thickness of the tire beads. It caused the ring to cone, which then caused the bolts to eventually fail.

I assure you that they were torqued exactly as described by their instructions.

The new spacers will prevent the coning, which should prevent the type of failure that I experienced.
Did you find a solution? I am frustrated with mine. i got it professionally done and 10 bolts snap in half. Few from each wheel. I check and torque regularly. When i sent an email to Method for solution, I got the below reply (Didn't like the reply at all). I gave them benefit of the doubt and gave the Jk to Higher Ground in Sylmar. I paid $450 for better bolts and to remove the broker bolts. Its been a week only and two bolts broke from rear wheel.

105 beadlocks
Actions
Wally Walford (Wally@methodracewheels.com) Add to contacts 7/07/15 Flag this message
To: 'TAHER HUSSAINI'
Wally@methodracewheels.com
Good afternoon,

I’m sorry about the delay on this order.

No it is not normal and you definitely should not be driving on those wheels with out all of the bolts in them.

Basically what has happened is that your bolts have become loose and when they become loose they will have deflection and cause the bolts to snap off. You will need to take the ring off of the wheel and have all new bolts installed. Please contact Northridge 4x4 to purchase the bolts or for any more help with this issue.

Thank you for your business,

Steven "Wally" Walford
Old 08-13-2015, 03:14 AM
JK Newbie

I have 17 inch Method Race Wheels, They're The Standard Machine ones, with 35 inch Goodyear Fierce tires. I love them so far, I am planing on painting them black though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0193_2.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	621367   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	529.6 KB
ID:	621368  
Old 09-10-2015, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by taher2.1
Did you find a solution? I am frustrated with mine. i got it professionally done and 10 bolts snap in half. Few from each wheel. I check and torque regularly. When i sent an email to Method for solution, I got the below reply (Didn't like the reply at all). I gave them benefit of the doubt and gave the Jk to Higher Ground in Sylmar. I paid $450 for better bolts and to remove the broker bolts. Its been a week only and two bolts broke from rear wheel. 105 beadlocks Actions Wally Walford (Wally@methodracewheels.com) Add to contacts 7/07/15 Flag this message To: 'TAHER HUSSAINI' Wally@methodracewheels.com Good afternoon, I’m sorry about the delay on this order. No it is not normal and you definitely should not be driving on those wheels with out all of the bolts in them. Basically what has happened is that your bolts have become loose and when they become loose they will have deflection and cause the bolts to snap off. You will need to take the ring off of the wheel and have all new bolts installed. Please contact Northridge 4x4 to purchase the bolts or for any more help with this issue. Thank you for your business, Steven "Wally" Walford
Yes, I talked with Method and you need to get the spacer kit from them. The lock ring needs to bottom agains a flat surface, or the bolts will be cycled as you drive and fail eventually.

On the topic of a spacer kit, I have a brand new set from Method that I'll ship you for half of whatever they go for new (I think they are around $175 for a set new). These were never used. Message me if you want them, I could ship them tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Method Race Wheels