Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mods gone wild...

Old 10-28-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rtittsworth
Looks good either way. That's the good thing about the XHD. Keep it low till your out where water is.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Thanks! I think it looks good either way too.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it and I like the limb risers. There have been a few times on the trail I've thought it would have been nice to have some.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rmiller31
I like it and I like the limb risers. There have been a few times on the trail I've thought it would have been nice to have some.
Well... The limb risers do help with a few things. Without the limb risers my roof rack makes an annoying rattle. Stops the rattle. They elliminate hood flutter, and they keep spruce boughs and branches from getting wedged in the upper part of my roof rack. I had a spruce bough ornament up there for a good couple months. Lol. You can see the spruce bough here...

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 10-28-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the way your Jeep has turned out so far. I kind of think they are never DONE. Your rig looks like you could jump in and pretty much go anywhere you needed to at anytime.

A lot of Jeeps do look overdone. But these are the chromed out, poser rigs where it looks like the owner really wanted a Escalade or something.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tree Frog
I like the way your Jeep has turned out so far. I kind of think they are never DONE. Your rig looks like you could jump in and pretty much go anywhere you needed to at anytime.

A lot of Jeeps do look overdone. But these are the chromed out, poser rigs where it looks like the owner really wanted a Escalade or something.
Haha! Yeah, some really do look that way. Thanks for the compliment. [emoji4]
Old 10-28-2014, 08:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
The limb risers will probably be coming off anyways because they will most likely interfere with the high mount of the snorkel that is soon to be installed. Thanks for the critique.
I want limb risers, send em my way would be handy in some of the places I find myself in the mountains. Your jeep, though not my style, looks badass
Old 10-28-2014, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Snorkels are ugly as **** so the only people using them should be the ones that need them for driving through 5 foot deep river crossings.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stagedtrip
I want limb risers, send em my way would be handy in some of the places I find myself in the mountains. Your jeep, though not my style, looks badass
Thanks! I made the ones that are on mine. This thread was helpful...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/home-brew-limb-riser-mod-140186/

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 10-28-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
Snorkels are ugly as **** so the only people using them should be the ones that need them for driving through 5 foot deep river crossings.
I've seen some that looked really good and some that looked not as good. I think it helps choosing the style and brand snorkel that best suits your particular jeep. I'm not really a fan of the do-it-yourself snorkels that look like toilet plumbing attached to the side of the jeep, though some don't look too bad.

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 10-28-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it except clean it up for when you are daily driving it, take off high lift, shovels, limb risers, etc. would look alot cleaner and less stuff to get stolen by scums

Quick Reply: Mods gone wild...