Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mods gone wild...

Old 10-28-2014, 09:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
I've seen some that looked really good and some that looked not as good. I think it helps choosing the style and brand snorkel that best suits your particular jeep. I'm not really a fan of the do-it-yourself snorkels that look like toilet plumbing attached to the side of the jeep, though some don't look too bad.
Don't pay him any attention. He never has anything nice to say. I'm going with the same snorkel eventually, but I only plan on running the low mount. Oddly enough, my wife loves the high mount! BTW, you're nowhere near "too much."
Old 10-28-2014, 09:32 PM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
Do you guys think there ever comes a point when a jeep is over-modded or over done that it looks cluttered, tacky, or just plain bad? Just curious because you see here I got this rather uncontrollable addiction to constantly want to buy new stuff for my jeep. In fact I have an XHD Snorkel that I just bought which is waiting to get installed shortly. I would like your guys opinions though... Does my jeep look good the way I have it done up (expedition style) or is it over the top? Is there anything you would add or remove? If not, what would you consider going overboard? Got any pics of wild, crazy and over the top jeeps?
The Jeep is looking very nice and ready for any expedition. A light bar across the front of the roof rack would look sweet. (IMO) Don't think you can over mod a Jeep if done well, just look at the Beast.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think it looks good. You have your hi lift, shovel, and gas cans which can all come in handy. Not crazy about the recovery point in the hitch though, but to each his own. As far as a snorkel, if you plan on water crossings then I would do it. Functionality outweighs looks, IMO. If you don't plan on water crossings I would skip it.

Nice looking rig.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent Look! Keep spending as the economy needs it. The only things missing are your holiday decorations (LOL).

Nice job!
Old 10-29-2014, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. Sometimes I get weird looks from people driving around town and it started making me wonder if I went overboard with it, but your comments are reasuring that my jeep is still looking good and not gawdawful. Lol.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am definitely a fan of what you have built here. Looks awesome in my opinion. Seems like there are two common themes that keep coming up. Limb risers and the snorkel.

I personally really like things that are functional. I don't go so much for just looks.

If the limb risers are put to use(which it looks like they are) keep them on there. P.S. - They do look BA too.

Same thing for the snorkel. I was never a huge fan of them but I completely understand the use for them. If you plan to do some deep water crossings, I would definitely put it on. If you don't plan on deep water, leave it off. You could save the money and use it for something else that would serve a better purpose.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

You know...sometimes I look at my jk and think "wtf was I thinking? I've put more money in this thing than I've paid for it when I bought it" and I look at some stuff I think I didn't need and just wanted

But then I get out on the trail and discover something new I really need/want to make my trail riding experience better

So yes and no to answer your question!
For example: Can I get around the trails with no beadlocks. Yup! But will beadlocks make my life easier, better and give me less headaches on the trail? Yea.

(Can u tell I'm saving up for beacons? Lol)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1583834149.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	582089
Old 10-29-2014, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cjsmith4
I am definitely a fan of what you have built here. Looks awesome in my opinion. Seems like there are two common themes that keep coming up. Limb risers and the snorkel.

I personally really like things that are functional. I don't go so much for just looks.

If the limb risers are put to use(which it looks like they are) keep them on there. P.S. - They do look BA too.

Same thing for the snorkel. I was never a huge fan of them but I completely understand the use for them. If you plan to do some deep water crossings, I would definitely put it on. If you don't plan on deep water, leave it off. You could save the money and use it for something else that would serve a better purpose.
I like your approach to things. I too prefer functionality over looks. Except I guess when it came to the stinger bumper...it was probably more for looks, lol. That and I got a really good deal on it so I said why not?
Old 10-29-2014, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepwave
You know...sometimes I look at my jk and think "wtf was I thinking? I've put more money in this thing than I've paid for it when I bought it" and I look at some stuff I think I didn't need and just wanted

But then I get out on the trail and discover something new I really need/want to make my trail riding experience better

So yes and no to answer your question!
For example: Can I get around the trails with no beadlocks. Yup! But will beadlocks make my life easier, better and give me less headaches on the trail? Yea.

(Can u tell I'm saving up for beacons? Lol)

Attachment 582089
At least it looks like you might actually need the stinger in that pic. Nice jeep!
Old 11-02-2014, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

I think your jeep is a long way from being too cluttered. Looks fine the way it is.

I can't remember off hand who's jeep this is but he's on this forum. It's what I would call pretty wild but I think it's pretty bad4ss too.

Quick Reply: Mods gone wild...