Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mountain Bike themed - TRAIL SEEKER JEEP - Update

Old 09-10-2014, 05:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mountain Bike themed - TRAIL SEEKER JEEP - Update

Hello All... Wow! When we announced the project in July and asked for suggestions, we would have never believed how passionate and creative people would be. In addition to the JK FORUM, Mountain Bike Action magazine also published the story to their readers. We asked for suggestions in creating the ultimate Weekend getaway vehicle with a mountain bike theme. It wasn't going to be a crawler, or hard-core mudder. The guidelines were that it had to be comfortable on the highway, off-road capable, have storage available for tools and items to keep the bikes maintained all weekend, and of course.... COOL. Basically... it had to appeal to the active lifestyle market.
We got some amazing (and very well thought out) suggestions. We started ordering accessories, upgrades and mods for the Wrangler based on those suggestions in August. Now... we are very close to completing the TRAIL SEEKER!Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep concept with bikes.jpg
Views:	1111
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	575100

Soon... I will post a list of all the products, upgrades, and bikes that were chosen for the final project. It will be officially unveiled in Las Vegas at the huge SEMA show, but I promise that the JK FORUM members will see it first. THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all the help!!

Jhan Dolphin
J ROBERT Marketing
Old 09-10-2014, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interested in following the progress of this build!
Old 09-11-2014, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

About to start my own MTB centered build. I'm interested to see what specs we match on.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default Trail Seeker Jeep - List of mods

Thanks again for all of the suggestions and ideas for creating this Mountain Bike themed project. Of all the projects we have been involved with, these suggestions were the most thought out and helpful than any previous build. It was often difficult to stay within the requirements of the theme, and not start going crazy with mods that were just too much. As of today, we are only waiting for a couple of products, and then we will be ready to schedule a photo shoot, before heading to the SEMA show in Las Vegas. Here's the list, so far...
  • Volant air-intake and Volant cat-back dual exhaust system
  • JKS 3.5” J-Spec suspension kit with Fox shocks
  • RARE Parts steering attenuator and dual-load ball joint system
  • 35” Nitto Trail Grappler MT tires on ATX 17” x 8.5 Ravine wheels
  • TMD Off-road Tactical Top and Cowl Induction hood
  • Bushwacker fender flares
  • Color-match LINE-X coated parts
  • Hammerhead Armor “Stubby” kit Bumpers and side steps
  • SuperWinch 9.5i SR winch
  • KC HiLites 50” LED light bar and LZR LED Cubes
  • Drake Off-Road fuel door, billet accessories, grille and hood latches
  • Black and Biscayne print Katzkin leather seats
  • TruckVault secure storage system with Snap-On tool selection and Park Tool bike maintenance tools
  • MB Quart speakers and amps from Maxxsonics
  • Daystar upper dash and switch panels
  • GraBar interior grab handles.

The special fabrication and installations are being done at Attitude Performance in Arlington Heights, IL and we are doing a lot of custom painting of parts at CPV Paint & Graphics in Racine, WI. Thanks again, and we should be able to provide photos very soon.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

C'mon now, all that flash and no on board air? Fixing a tubeless MTB tire flat with a floor pump is infuriating if you aren't in a clean shop. Plus the Jeep tires need attention. A 12v cooler is another must. You can hard wire it to the cargo area power point. Every mt biker knows the value of fresh food and cold beverages! And a custom sunshade for post-ride chillin. Hopefully that Park Tool sponsorship includes a top notch folding stand. Any chance of including trail building tools? The Jeep can get to where the work needs to be done easier than hiking with 40lbs of tools.

What is the bike mount setup? I'm working on a custom inside rack for the small side of the rear seat to hold 2 bikes.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

How is this MTB themed again? Other then a tool box full of Park, I don't see it.
Like it was said above, adding OBA, a fridge and some kind of built in work and truing stand then maybe.
What are you using for bike racks?
Old 09-17-2014, 06:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like a normal JK with a toolbox for bicycles instead of Jeeps?

Sounds as capable to support MTB's as much as my Jetta with a bike roof rack lol. At least give it some OBA to pump up tires, hand/foot pumps are a pain.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default Trail Seeker Update

Yikes!! tough crowd. You guys are brutal! If you actually read the previous update, you'll see that we're NOT finished. This was an UPDATE, as to what's been done so far. We are still deciding on which On-board air system to run, and where to fit a fridge or cooler. We're not bragging that our design is the BEST JEEP EVER. We're just having some fun, and we've got another couple weeks of mods before we are even finished. Besides... We're just sharing what we are doing, because we got SO MANY suggestions from the readers of MTN Bike Action magazine and here on the forum. I personally enjoy seeing what everyone does with their Jeep. I may not like everything, but I certainly wouldn't blast somebody for their style or choices. The only Jeep drivers I don't understand, are the ones that do NOTHING to customize it, or add any personality.
We are already scheduled to be featured in three different magazines, so... we must be doing SOMETHING right.
And.. we do appreciate the constructive ideas.
Thanks
Old 09-18-2014, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TrailSeekerJeep
We are already scheduled to be featured in three different magazines, so... we must be doing SOMETHING right.
Sounds like a line from Del Rey Customs

I'm really sorry, walked right into that one.

The Jeep concept image looks cool, I think everyone picked on the idea since we thought it was completed. Can't wait to see it finished!
Old 09-18-2014, 08:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Hitch mounted bike repair station would be cool, with a tool tray / counter on the tailgate. OBA as you are planning. How about a hot water shower to spray off mud etc.? That would be useful.

Quick Reply: Mountain Bike themed - TRAIL SEEKER JEEP - Update