Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My First JK Build.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time for a few updates! First I went and picked up 4 cans of black plastidip (i love this crap) a-# decided to 2 tone the jeep. So I cleaned the hood, around the windshield and the top half of my doors, taped as line across the doors to make it even with my hood and soft top and went to town. Came out alright for using rattle cans.

Then I took her off-road for the first time with some of the jkfreaks. We went to southington off-road park. It was incredible. I had so much fun. She was a beast stock! Did some stock friendly trails and some not so stock friendly trails. She scraped a bit.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ignore this post

Last edited by Shoupadupe; 04-14-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

After the wheeling trip I decided I wanted a cb to keep in touch with everyone on the trails. Especially since I plan on going whenever possible. So I did some looking around and won a bearcat 880 for 51 dollars last minute on eBay. Someone wasn't a happy camper when I stole it out from them. Oh well. Bought everything else needed. Except for the antenna stud mount... Idiot. While I was waiting for that to come in the mail I replaced my headlights, one was out and the other you needed to give it a good solid bang to get it lit. Figured while I was going to remove the headlights I might as well do a restoration on them and then I installed the silverstar zxe. I wanted the whitest light possible and they claim to be the whitest. I was not impressed. And now my light patterns allllll messed up. So I have to still adjust my headlights.

Old

Restoration

Done.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok time to finish up this couple posts, got all of my cb stuff in, (minus that mount for the antenna) and I couldn't wait for the mount so I decided to install it all. I saw a post someone removed the top das panel and built a mount and I liked that look. He was supposed to post a write up, but it never came. So I was an eager beaver and just dove in... First I painted. I wanted to keep the gold theme outside inside too. So I painted the air vent rings and my speaker and sub covers gold. Then I decided to paint my firestik gold too.

Then I removed the top dash piece, be careful, the compass sensor is mounted under it so don't go yanking it off. Then the whole piece with the radio and heat and what not came out.

I took the pieces in the house and put the cb in the middle of the top dash. Used a dremel and cut the top into 3 pcs. The 2 ends and the middle piece. Then the big center piece I cut down too so the cb would sit flush and level. I was a little nervous because I had never used a dremel before and I wasn't even sure how this was going to come out. I just decided to do it.

Last edited by Shoupadupe; 04-15-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

And lastly, today I had to go into work early for a dumb healthcare thing. But because I participated I got an Amazon gift card. Woohoo, so I ordered a pa speaker and an external speaker for the cb. Along with some 3000k fog lights. (not HID). Now my threads up to date for now
Old 04-22-2015, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

So the yellow fogs came, too many watts so the just blink and go out. The cb speaker and pa speaker both came. They work great. Just need to tune the antenna still. Just haven't had time to go out and find an open field.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

Looks good. I wasn't 100% on the 2-tone but it is growing on me. Keep up the good work and keep enjoy your jeep!
Old 04-24-2015, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

I thought for sure you where going to buy plasti dip with your Amazon card.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haha no no more plastidip for now
Old 07-31-2015, 09:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haven't posted in a while because not much has changed with the jeep no money for any parts. I am going wheeling tomorrow so I'll have pics up tomorrow night maybe sunday depending how tomorrow goes.

Quick Reply: My First JK Build.