Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Mall Crawler Build 16 JKU AE

Old 08-22-2016, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Don't be a Debbie Downer- he's not the only guy who does this. He's just catching it because he's got the big wheels.
I'd offer the same advice to anybody who is going to take the wheel and tire size beyond what would be close to reasonable. I'd say 35's are the way upper edge of what stock brakes can handle. Having something like that at the very bottom of the list is just comical, at least until you need them.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You offering advice isn't the dick move, it's the way you did it. I mean I'm all for giving good quality advice just try to sound like a grown up while your doing it. You see what I did there I said what you did was ok but the way you did it was childish and immature. That's a dickish thing to do. You are ok with him modifying his vehicle you aren't ok with how he is modifying his vehicle i.e. Clown Mobile. Stop being a dick. You could have easily said hey man noticed that brake upgrades are at the bottom of your list just a quick search says you are drastically increasing your rolling mass (54lbs per wheel, 70lbs per tire) well beyond what the factory brakes can handle I would suggest you look at moving them up your list to stage 1 upgrades. See that conveys the same warning to the op without belittling his choices in modifications.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TunnelRat
You offering advice isn't the dick move, it's the way you did it. I mean I'm all for giving good quality advice just try to sound like a grown up while your doing it. You see what I did there I said what you did was ok but the way you did it was childish and immature. That's a dickish thing to do. You are ok with him modifying his vehicle you aren't ok with how he is modifying his vehicle i.e. Clown Mobile. Stop being a dick. You could have easily said hey man noticed that brake upgrades are at the bottom of your list just a quick search says you are drastically increasing your rolling mass (54lbs per wheel, 70lbs per tire) well beyond what the factory brakes can handle I would suggest you look at moving them up your list to stage 1 upgrades. See that conveys the same warning to the op without belittling his choices in modifications.
Well said!!! Perfect example of how to offer advice without being a dick about it.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

You offering advice isn't the dick move, it's the way you did it.
I opted to use the same tone he's used with all the responses he's had in this and his other thread. if figured if I spoke dick he might understand it better.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jordy
I think it's awesome that a possible upgrade to brakes is at the very bottom of the list after a trip through Pep Boys with the crap magnet on high. Your rotational mass is way beyond what the factory binders were designed for, but I'd say that you'll be OK if you put a louder horn behind the new chrome grille. You're looking at 54 lbs per wheel and 77 lbs per tire. I'd go with 2 really loud horns just to be safe.
This was your first post in this thread...crap magnet on high???? And you were responding to what comment with that statement???? You weren't responding to anything, you were being a dick.

but I'd say that you'll be OK if you put a louder horn behind the new chrome grille.
*cough*same comment another dick statement*cough*

I'd go with 2 really loud horns just to be safe. *cough*and another dick statement*cough*

Your first comment in this thread had not one, not two, but three dick statements in it. In one comment!!!!! So his response of "dicks aside" seems fairly mild in which all he did was simply brush you, and your comments, aside as inconsequential. Congrats to the OP for taking the higher road.

All that being said OP good luck with your build, I personally wouldn't spend the money on some of those parts as it seems like their purpose is simply for show (winch), but the beauty of it is its your jeep so enjoy it how you want, my opinion is worth less than nothing when it comes to your jeep. Live it, love it, own it!!!
Old 08-31-2016, 01:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Other than rim size that we both know I don't care for on any rig, your jeep is SWEET!
Old 08-31-2016, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

And you were responding to what comment with that statement???? You weren't responding to anything, you were being a dick.
Sure thing. Why don't you take your quoting skills, learn to do a search and find the other thread, then you can see the general attitude that was shown across the board. The guy came here knowing he'd not get the response he was looking for, which makes him a troll to begin with. Look at the title of the thread if you need proof. Me being dick'ish was intentional based upon what was being put out by the starter of this thread and the 22" wheel thread. You being stupid can't be helped apparently.

I do find it interesting that 2 of your 3 posts are directed at me. I'm wondering if an IP search would match someone else on this forum. Fake names are always fun.

Last edited by jordy; 08-31-2016 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jordy
Sure thing. Why don't you take your quoting skills, learn to do a search and find the other thread, then you can see the general attitude that was shown across the board. The guy came here knowing he'd not get the response he was looking for, which makes him a troll to begin with. Look at the title of the thread if you need proof. Me being dick'ish was intentional based upon what was being put out by the starter of this thread and the 22" wheel thread. You being stupid can't be helped apparently. I do find it interesting that 2 of your 3 posts are directed at me. I'm wondering if an IP search would match someone else on this forum. Fake names are always fun.
So you didn't like the fact that he made a statement in the 22 inch wheel thread so you brought that over here and he is the troll? Go ahead and do an IP address search troll, guess what I bet it puts my location somewhere around southern Colorado. I'm sorry I didn't take the time to do a full site search and instead left my comments centered on the thread I was in, you know like most people do. So move along troll your the one following him to make dick comments to belittle his choice in design. Like I said I don't agree with it but I agree with Internet tough guys like you even less. By the way next time you get a chance why don't you post exactly what makes you so qualified to say what the design parameters of the current brake system are. Perhaps then people might understand what gives you the right to be an outright dick to others. And as I know enough of the Internet to know you're going to say something like come meet me somewhere, because you're a keyboard warrior, that's fine I hope that makes you feel better troll. Remember that at the end of the day you're the one getting upset that someone is doing something different than everybody else. You know because the whole point of modifying vehicles is to personalize them to yourself. So you have fun with what I'm sure is your tricked out "expedition" build rolling around with a slew of bolt on AEV stuff or your hardcore rockcrawler build with your 3" RK lift and your 17" AEV wheels and your 305/75R17 duratracs and your poison spider fender flares to fit all that "meat".

Last edited by TunnelRat; 08-31-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't waste time with idle threats from keyboard tough guys. My comments were tongue in cheek with a dose of sarcasm in regards to having a bunch of dress up mall crawler crap that will only be for looks rather than putting something on to help compensate for the more than double rotating mass that he is adding before he kills someone. If that makes me a dick, cool. I'll lose exactly zero sleep over what your thoughts are regarding me or my approach to this troll and his clown mobile. Yes, it was a carryover from another thread that was indicative of the kind of response he would have for any suggestion, even when it comes down to a life safety item, like brakes. Once again, wipe out a family and let the insurance company have a field day. They love that kind of stuff.

It's funny the amount of shit you talk and the dumbass assumptions you make in regards to my build. You got the 17" wheels right along with the fenders. Not a good average. Don't quit your day job if you have one. Southern Colorado? Hanging out in mom's basement with pot brownies isn't a career to most people.

BTW, your ride is looking pimp!
Click image for larger version

Name:	_clown.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	655800
Old 09-01-2016, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default For those of you that might have missed it

Unfortunately it did not turn out how most of your pics and descriptions implied Too bad you will have to wait on your "Dream" Jeep

Brakes work just fine, they will eventually get upgraded but for now they get the job done.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ace95214-7c5a-49c3-9b25-a8ac86ede71f.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	655814   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20160820_080202.png
Views:	195
Size:	409.3 KB
ID:	655815   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20160823_195645.png
Views:	194
Size:	449.7 KB