Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Need help with the stock bumper conversion

Old 07-24-2015, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with the stock bumper conversion

Okay, so I have been modifying my stock bumper to a stubby one. But, in the meantime I have been running around with just the metal frame of the bumper on my jeep and after looking at it awhile I dont know if I even want the plastic covering back on it. So, now my question is, Is there a bracket or a way that I can remount my factory fog lights into the holes of the metal bumper? The holes in the bumper are bigger than the mounting points on the fog lights. Any help would be appreciated. You might be able to see in the picture below what I am talking about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150606_161451.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	619118
Old 07-24-2015, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by okix
Okay, so I have been modifying my stock bumper to a stubby one. But, in the meantime I have been running around with just the metal frame of the bumper on my jeep and after looking at it awhile I dont know if I even want the plastic covering back on it. So, now my question is, Is there a bracket or a way that I can remount my factory fog lights into the holes of the metal bumper? The holes in the bumper are bigger than the mounting points on the fog lights. Any help would be appreciated. You might be able to see in the picture below what I am talking about.

Attachment 619118
when I did that to my stock a few years ago I just went to owes and bought a pc of alum flat bar, made a couple L brackets to the width I needed for the fog lights and just bolted them in. I also bought a purejeep bull bar for $99.00 and looked great.

Quick Reply: Need help with the stock bumper conversion