Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New ORA headlights installed!!

Old 01-31-2015, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ORA headlights installed!!

When I first saw the post made by Offroad Additions about their new headlight I was intrigued. I have not yet seen anything on the market offering DRLs and once the pictures were released I liked the look and the price so I made the purchase. Over all I am impressed by their performance and quality of these and install was a breeze. The lights fit right in place of the stockers and the new plug goes right in to the factory plug. I had the old out and the new in and buttoned up in about 45 minutes. Grill removal is easy and I have done it a ton of times. Once you remove the shroud around the stock lights they just come right out, unplug the stock lights then plug the new ones in, easy. Unfortunately I did not hook up the wire to power the DRL yet, still deciding if I want them to go to a switch or just splice to hot on the maker lights. Once I get them running Ill post some more pics. Another thing to note, I had no radio interference that I could detect. There is some flicker but really it was very hard to tell unless I was stationary behind someone or when they were shining on the garage door and it was not a bother to me. Good news is if you don't want to deal with the flicker it sounds like offroad additions are just about to come out with an eliminator kit for them. Let me start by saying these definitely look sweet running down the road in the day time, and at night it gets better. These cant compare to stock. Have you ever turned your lights off and on just to be sure they were running? Well you wont have that worry with these. Light cut off is crisp and throws well out in front of the jeep, also hi beams are very impressive. I could probably aim these lights up higher and I'm sure light would throw even further but it isn't necessary. I drove about 20 miles tonight through town and down the back roads and not one person flashed me, even on the back roads where you get a lot of that, not one flash. They definitely stand out going down the road and were turning heads. I already had another jk owner ask me about these while at lowes today. I took some shots to help show them off some, let me know what you guys think or if you have any questions. Also took an iPhone vid going down a dark neighborhood street, hope you can get somewhat of a view of their performance.

Packed real nice for shipping

Plug from new lights with bare wire to run to hot for DRLs

Installed with light shroud back in place to hold them in. Painted mine black awhile ago, some paint is chipping off and I need to respray them.

Lo beams

Hi beams

Pattern Lo beam

Pattern Hi beam

I was running my rock lights in some of these, you will see them under the jeep.

Lo beams

Driver seat Lo/Hi

More Lo/Hi

Quick Vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLmIj1FsDjk
Old 01-31-2015, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Those look awesome, I am about to buy truck lites but these definitely made my decision harder.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:32 AM
Former Vendor

Thanks for the review! Great pictures as well, they look great!

If anyone is looking for more info about our Night Guard LED Headlights, check out our thread;

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...lights-315786/
Old 02-01-2015, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

Hooked up the drls. Wired them with a fuse into the fuse box so they come on with acc/run. These are very bright

Old 02-04-2015, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Installed mine tonight and these things light up the road!!! Thank you buddy!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150204_213145.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	595363  
Old 02-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by stgillen
Installed mine tonight and these things light up the road!!! Thank you buddy!!
Thanks! Glad you like them!
Old 02-21-2015, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JAM85
Hooked up the drls. Wired them with a fuse into the fuse box so they come on with acc/run. These are very bright
Looks great!

What size fuse did you tap it into?
Old 02-22-2015, 12:01 PM
JK Freak

10 watt
Old 02-22-2015, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

@ Dan, where in NEPA are you guys located? I am local
Old 02-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dr.jay
@ Dan, where in NEPA are you guys located? I am local
Pm sent!

Quick Reply: New ORA headlights installed!!