Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ordered new 2015 JKU Rubicon Today!

Old 07-25-2014, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisNAngus
If you plan on upgrading axles, why are you starting with a Rubicon? I'm a noob so I'm just curious? Are your axle swaps way down the line? Congrats on your order!
maybe to have the rubicon gears? then when he goes to sell the stuff he takes off its rubicon stuff and easier to get rid of? otherwise ya it wouldnt make alot of sense to not just get a sport s or sahara and upgrade one of them instead.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisNAngus
If you plan on upgrading axles, why are you starting with a Rubicon? I'm a noob so I'm just curious? Are your axle swaps way down the line? Congrats on your order!
i debated this back and forth for a while.. ultimately i'm going to put about 5-10k miles on the jeep on the stock axles, breaking in the engine completely. (wife and i are taking it to FL this fall, and out to Utah/CO this winter before the build begins). Then i'll sell the complete rubicon axles/lockers/gears etc when i pick up the dynatracs. I also debated purchasing a stock JK S and then putting in an atlas as well, but my rubicon xfer case held up just fine in the last jeep. I also spoke with advance adapters already and the cost of the atlas, shift cables, etc is close to the base rubicon package, so i just went ahead with the rubicon.

Luke

Last edited by AU Bronc N JK; 07-26-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Ordered new 2015 JKU Rubicon Today!