Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Poison Spyder Brawler lite bumper & skid install

Old 09-24-2014, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKUJeeper
That's awesome dude, I bought the RR a pillar and same switchs lol. I'll post some pics when I get her done. Great looking jeep brother, the matching paint on the ridged light brackets looks awesome
Hahha nice! Thanks man. yes post some pics when you're finished.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know this is old thread back from the dead. Doing same tomorrow. Couple quick questions.
1. Can you mount lights after bumper install or died it need to be done first.
2. Part of the light bracket is silver. Can that be seen once lights are installed?
3. I was reading people were installing a diode for flaming of fogs. Not clear what ohm and on what line. Neg or pos and do you put diode in line before or after the light harness.
4. Can the stock fog light switch handle the fogs and is there away around to rigging it so fogs won't turn off with brights?
5. Mounting winch as well. It appears I can do that after bumper install correct?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Actually not that old after all. So looks like a lot of us are going this route. Thanks again
Old 09-26-2014, 11:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Learo2000GT
I know this is old thread back from the dead. Doing same tomorrow. Couple quick questions. 1. Can you mount lights after bumper install or died it need to be done first. 2. Part of the light bracket is silver. Can that be seen once lights are installed? 3. I was reading people were installing a diode for flaming of fogs. Not clear what ohm and on what line. Neg or pos and do you put diode in line before or after the light harness. 4. Can the stock fog light switch handle the fogs and is there away around to rigging it so fogs won't turn off with brights? 5. Mounting winch as well. It appears I can do that after bumper install correct? Thanks in advance.

1.the bumper has to be off especially if you have the skid plate

2.No

3. That I don't know

4. It can theres a write up somewhere, but imo it would've been easier my route. But to each his own.

5. That I don't know

Good luck.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have ideas as to not cut or grind the crash bar to install the skid plate? I don't want to hinder the crash bar at all for warranty and insurance reasons. I was thinking of putting a spacer piece of metal in between bumper and skid plate to get my clearance.

Any thoughts? Thanks guys
Old 09-30-2014, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the poison spyder brawler mid with the matching skid with it. I didn't have to remove the crash bar. I think I may have had to trim the lower corners, wasn't much. easily done with a grinder.

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Brawler lite bumper & skid install