Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Prodigy Performance Turbo Install On 2011 Sahara 6 Speed

Old 04-14-2012, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodigy Performance Turbo Install On 2011 Sahara 6 Speed

Ok,
Here's The Build Break Down
2011 Wrangler Sahara JKU 6 Speed Manual, 3.73 Gears and 35" Tires (34.5" if you want to get Technical), And Its My Wifes Daily Driver.
I've Had many Turbo Sports Cars and Have been an Avid SCCA/ Porche Club racer for over 20 years....I've also Built and Run many Centi and PD Blower cars for the street and strip
for more than 30 years now. Yeah...I have a speed craving!! Our current Wrangler....is the 3rd Jeep for the Family.....We love our Jeeps! But the 3.8L realy sucks!!! After the Lift and 35" tires....I couldn't believe the lack of Driveability.....Other than in TQ multiplication. Its a ton of fun on the trails....but getting to the trails really wasn't much fun!!!! So, The search for more HP and TQ started.....and I can say......I looked at every option.....Hemi, PD Blowers, Centri Blowers and Turbo's. After some talks with all the vendors on this site and others...I decided to Purchase the Prodigy Performance Turbo Kit.....The least parasitic of the FD systems, I personally liked the Performance numbers, I could fix the short comings of the Factory exhaust system in well fell swoop and It should make for a killer dialy driver vehicle.
Install.....The Install took me about 6.5 hours. The Kit is well thought out with top of the line hardware...... the design is very DIY'er friendly!!! I'm pretty sure with a few pointers...my wife could have installed this system!! With our rig being a 2011....We had to use the Prodigy Performance PCM.....and all is working flawlessly less the cruise control. If Diablo ever cracks the new PCM....It will be a 4 Min swap of hardware and 2 Min swap for the tune and all will be back to factory for control systems. I'm currently running the "Out Of The Box" tune supplied with the Kit....and If its not spot on.....Its very close!! I'll know more once I get back in the Dyno and Collect a little data....Put for now.....I'm very impressed with Prodigy's knowledge of thier system and tunes!!!
I ran a few Baseline factory Dyno Pulls..... and our 6 Speed Jeep was pulling 147 RWHP and 171 RWTQ....and I'm very excited to see the outcome from the Turbo....cause my seat of the pants Dyno says Its gona be good! We now have full use our 6th gear on Freeway trips. I can roll into the throttle and pass at will or drop to fifth and just be gone!!! MOst of our City driving consists of 4th and 5th gear....once the Turbo starts spooling...the power just pulls you along! So.....I'll be posting up some after Turbo install Dyno numbers and Vids....For now....Here's some pics, Factory Pull Vid and a Walk around the Jeep Vid.
G

Here's the Factory Dyno Pull Vid;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature..._bOy4XRlipGxUg

Here's a After Install Walk Around and First Start Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature..._bOy4XRlipGxUg
Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

Awesome build man!

What are the dyno numbers?

I'll bet you beat my Pentastar.....but not by much on the HP (say 295).....TQ......I'm guessing 330.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

Depends if he measure at the wheels. If you're going by crank HP/TQ most of these kits will devour the Pentastar as far as power. Stock HP/TQ for the 3.6 is 180/150, dyno here:

youtube.com/watch?v=87CkeT6WSg4&list=UUGoxiFY9k5UC_-8Zbo2XPdw&index=13&feature=plpp_video

A Ripp on it's own will pull around 220/240, without the headers. I've seen dyno of the Prodigy upwards of 350/410. Insanity, but bear in mind that's TWELVE pounds of boost on the 3.8. And that's a lot. You'd be looking at race applications only. Punching it that hard on the street under typical driving duress will destroy it - guaranteed. Here's their numbers on various pressures:

http://prodigyperformance.com/wow

Edit: Forgot to add, what makes the Pentastar feel so good is the transmission. The WA580 is significantly better than the old four speed.

Last edited by brownimus; 04-14-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rays0852
Awesome build man!

What are the dyno numbers?

I'll bet you beat my Pentastar.....but not by much on the HP (say 295).....TQ......I'm guessing 330.
I'm Shooting to hit the drums this next week......I'll post up as soon as I do!
Only HP and TQ at the wheel will be reported!
G

Last edited by 03HDFB; 04-15-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's your gas mileage like after the install? And is the power/torque come on at a low rpm? Been debating this or supercharger and spend 90% of my time between 1200-2200 rpm, what does it feel like around those speeds? And from 2000 rpm does it pull hard in 6th now? Just trying to get an idea. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I was actually looking at this kit this past week. Sick ass Challenger too!!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rcdude3
I was actually looking at this kit this past week. Sick ass Challenger too!!

Take a good look at the kit....Wes did his home work!! Def. worth dropping the $!
Thanks for the Props on the Chally....Race season is just about to start.....Can't wait!
G
Old 04-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Thats a great looking setup. Curious at the dyno numbers
Old 04-15-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool build man!!! Looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers that kit puts down. I love my JK but this little 3.8 can definitely use some help.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
What's your gas mileage like after the install? And is the power/torque come on at a low rpm? Been debating this or supercharger and spend 90% of my time between 1200-2200 rpm, what does it feel like around those speeds? And from 2000 rpm does it pull hard in 6th now? Just trying to get an idea. Thanks!

It looks like I've Picked up around 3-4 miles per gallon. I've only did the math on one tank....My wife didn't help me with the info for the other (2) tanks!!
It pulls way better than stock from 1K - 2K just but from 2K on its killer! This is right in my wheel house for Freeway use and my 6th gear. 6th gear is totally functional now
I had to use 5th most of the time before this mod. I can pull out for a lane change in the fast lane....and 6th just rolls on out.....If I drop to 5th and spool the exhaust....its flat gone!
G

Quick Reply: Prodigy Performance Turbo Install On 2011 Sahara 6 Speed