Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Raptor lined my hardtop - Black inside / Rescue Green outside

Old 09-16-2014, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raptor lined my hardtop - Black inside / Rescue Green outside

My soft top was beginning to leak like a sieve on my 2007 Rubicon.... but I've always hated the white inside of my hardtop. It was also scratched and gouged in several places from 4-wheeling, etc. So, I ordered up 2x kits of Raptor Liner and had at it. The inside is black. The outside is the tintable Raptor Liner mixed with factory Rescue Green base-coat. Overall, it turned out nice. I'm definitely happy with the new black interior color (versus the factory white). I'm still undecided how I feel about the exterior color, but the wife likes it.

Overall, it took 3 weekend to complete. The vast majority of the time was spent masking for the interior color and then again for the exterior. Pics attached. $0.02 always welcome

Stock black/white prior to bed lining

Interior of top with black Raptor Line

Freedom panels Raptor Lined.

Close-up of the Raptor Liner

Interior complete

Exterior - Tinted Raptor Liner with Rescue Green Base coat. Rescue green is metallic paint, so it isn't an exact match (since the bedliner is a rough surface and reflects light differently)

The following users liked this post:
3v3ryday3ric (03-25-2021)
Old 09-16-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice! I am contemplating re-coating my hard top, currently black, to another color, possibly OD green or a khaki color, so this thread has my interest piqued.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it! It's a very unique exterior color.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks really good! What kind of prep work did you do before spraying inside with raptor liner?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

That looks good. You wanna do mine next?
Old 09-18-2014, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

The outside looks kinda cool.Different. Inside looks good also.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Appreciate the nice feedback.

Originally Posted by Dante
I like it! It's a very unique exterior color.
Thanks. I was a bit hesitant when I decided to go with tinted bed liner on the exterior..... but the color is growing on me now

Originally Posted by RavenZ33
Looks really good! What kind of prep work did you do before spraying inside with raptor liner?
Not much prep. I washed the top down with dish detergent to remove dirt and grease and used an air hose to blow the dust off just before spraying. The real prep was masking the windows, rubber, and exterior. I used standard masking tape for the fiberglass and a combination of Frog tape + paper for the windows.

Originally Posted by bevan7170
That looks good. You wanna do mine next?
NO! :lol: It took three full weekends of prep + another 2 hours of spray time. I used a respirator and could still smell the fumes from the Raptor Liner!
Old 09-18-2014, 11:06 PM
JK Newbie

About how much did it cost you to do it? looks awesome!
Old 09-18-2014, 11:22 PM
JK Freak

I painted the inside of mine too, hated the white, went red krylon fusion and love it now. I want to put black bedliner on the outside to make it off road tough.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Schantin
NO! :lol: It took three full weekends of prep + another 2 hours of spray time. I used a respirator and could still smell the fumes from the Raptor Liner!

BooHoo you! I just don't have the time or space. On the plus side it would give the wife and I something to communicate about! Hmmm, off to annoy the wife!

Quick Reply: Raptor lined my hardtop - Black inside / Rescue Green outside