Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Raptor lined my hardtop - Black inside / Rescue Green outside

Old 09-19-2014, 08:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the interior. I hate the white too. Looks great. How did you apply it? With a paint sprayer gun or do you need a special gun?
Old 09-23-2014, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DisasterDan
About how much did it cost you to do it? looks awesome!
Thanks. The Raptor Liner ran about $225 for both the interior and exterior kits (shipped). I already had a quart of Rescue Green base coat (which I believe cost me $60 in 2012). I had another $20 invested in masking tape, brown paper, and plastic drop cloths.

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I like the interior. I hate the white too. Looks great. How did you apply it? With a paint sprayer gun or do you need a special gun?
The kit came with a cheap spray gun designed for applying bed liner. I hooked it to my Craftsman 33 Gallon compressor and set the air pressure to 55PSI.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't think I could use my paint gun. I would hate to ruin it with something that thick so that's good to know.

Did it take only 1 coat on the interior side? If not, did you have to unmask everything after the first coat was applied but not dry and then mask again for a second coat?

Thanks.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I didn't think I could use my paint gun. I would hate to ruin it with something that thick so that's good to know.

Did it take only 1 coat on the interior side? If not, did you have to unmask everything after the first coat was applied but not dry and then mask again for a second coat?

Thanks.
I did it with one coat. Let it flash dry for an hour before removing the masking. I then let it sit for three additional days to cure before installing.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that looks great, inside and out!
Old 11-16-2014, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Here's mine. My entire tub, hard top (inside and out), rear bumper and swingout, front bumper, inside rear fender wells and undercarriage have all been done. I love Raptor liner it super easy to use and maintain.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	584532   Click image for larger version

Name:	image10-1.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	584533   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141115_162830.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	584534  
Old 11-16-2014, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Great job! I kinda like the hardtop color.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Schantin
My soft top was beginning to leak like a sieve on my 2007 Rubicon.... but I've always hated the white inside of my hardtop. It was also scratched and gouged in several places from 4-wheeling, etc. So, I ordered up 2x kits of Raptor Liner and had at it. The inside is black. The outside is the tintable Raptor Liner mixed with factory Rescue Green base-coat. Overall, it turned out nice. I'm definitely happy with the new black interior color (versus the factory white). I'm still undecided how I feel about the exterior color, but the wife likes it. Overall, it took 3 weekend to complete. The vast majority of the time was spent masking for the interior color and then again for the exterior. Pics attached. $0.02 always welcome Stock black/white prior to bed lining Interior of top with black Raptor Line Freedom panels Raptor Lined. Close-up of the Raptor Liner Interior complete Exterior - Tinted Raptor Liner with Rescue Green Base coat. Rescue green is metallic paint, so it isn't an exact match (since the bedliner is a rough surface and reflects light differently)
looks pretty damn good! How much heat radiates from this set up? I've been considering the same thing but a lighter color, just for the heat factor. I'm guessing it can't be any worse than the soft top.
The following users liked this post:
Xodius (01-19-2023)
Old 11-16-2014, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

I like the idea of doing the inside as well! I am not sure what color I would do... Black seems really dark. I have the brown leather interior on mine...

I just did the hard top last weekend, yours turned out great! I stayed away from the Raptor Tintable because I was nervous how it would look. Did you just pick up the green tint from an automotive paint store?

Quick Reply: Raptor lined my hardtop - Black inside / Rescue Green outside