Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rear view Mirriow with a twist

Old 12-17-2014, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear view Mirriow with a twist

OK, so with the new tire completely blocking my view, I decided to hit the internet in search of a solution. I don't know if this is old news or not, but I found a rear view mirror that has a built in LCD. I bought one and installed it today and it does make a difference. Now the one I bought could have been a bit smaller, but overall I am really happy with it. So far that is as there is one caviot... I have not had a chance to use it in the bright sun or at night. So I give you an update later this week. Has anyone else tried one? Here is a picture of mine

Click image for larger version

Name:	LCD Mirror.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	588106
Old 12-17-2014, 02:39 PM
JK Freak

It does seem kinda big, but as long as you happy is all that matters!!!
Old 12-17-2014, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
OK, so with the new tire completely blocking my view, I decided to hit the internet in search of a solution. I don't know if this is old news or not, but I found a rear view mirror that has a built in LCD. I bought one and installed it today and it does make a difference. Now the one I bought could have been a bit smaller, but overall I am really happy with it. So far that is as there is one caviot... I have not had a chance to use it in the bright sun or at night. So I give you an update later this week. Has anyone else tried one? Here is a picture of mine

Attachment 588106
I like it! Where did you find it? Did it come with a camera, and how/where did you mount the camera?
Old 12-17-2014, 03:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, they make smaller ones... much smaller. Close buddy of mine bought it for my bday. The model I have come in two sizes. I guess I should have specified. But none the less, it does the job. Now, many of them come with 2 video ports mine included. So would it be cheating if I point a camera on the front axle facing forward for rock crawling?
Old 12-17-2014, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dmwil
I like it! Where did you find it? Did it come with a camera, and how/where did you mount the camera?
Yes, they all come with at least one camera. Cameras are cheap so not a big deal if it doesn't. I have a Tview. Just google it under shop and a bunch will show up.

Last edited by 2climbbig; 12-17-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does the camera come on automatically when you put it in reverse? If so, how?
Old 12-17-2014, 08:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
Does the camera come on automatically when you put it in reverse? If so, how?
Camera is on all the time. Instead of a mirror he has a video feed. He can't see out his back window, so he found a solution.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:33 AM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's an idea - a cell phone mount where the stock rear view mirror is: the cell phone then works hands free and doubles as a high-res rear view mirror!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spicoli
Camera is on all the time. Instead of a mirror he has a video feed. He can't see out his back window, so he found a solution.
Well that is perfect. The view stuck is not great.

How about a video?
Old 12-18-2014, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Well, it is definately bigger than I initially imagined... lol. Boy can I really see behind me. Much better than stock and with the 170 degree field of view, I have fewer blind spot. More importantly, I will be able to see kids or other small jewels that's hiding back there. But I do like it and glad I did it

Pros: fewer blind spots, wider view, works at night, can quickly be put on and off, have forward view.
negatives are: big, pixelated, and long distance is harder to see, camera placement is key to reduce lights pointing at the camera 0

Last edited by 2climbbig; 12-18-2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: correction

Quick Reply: Rear view Mirriow with a twist