Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rigid led defused pattern

Old 02-08-2016, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rigid led defused pattern

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1513198252.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	808.1 KB
ID:	636986

Decided to put these on my a pillar as they allow me to see the entire trail. Yes there is some hood glare but it doesn't seem to bother me or affect my ability to see. Here is what they look like with all of the other lights on he jeep off.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a pair of the Rigid D2 Diffused Floods. I think they're the single best light a Jeeper could buy.

While the huge light bars look cool, and have value, most of us Jeepers are going slow and steady, so it's more important to be able to see a wide and well lit path around our present location--more so than a bright spot a couple hundred yards ahead of us.

They're awesome. The massively WIDE spray of light is great for creeping down a trail, setting up camp, finding lost keys in the dirt, and plenty of other realistic scenarios.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

^ THIS.

I see a lot of jeeps built for scenarios they will never encounter.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's very impressive
Old 02-09-2016, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Rescue7
^ THIS.

I see a lot of jeeps built for scenarios they will never encounter.
I see a lot of people using LED when other lights are better as well! Depends on your desires. I would NEVER put a set of difused lights on my a pillar. The glare would drive me nuts!

I find it funny that this comment was made in relation to lighting meanwhile 90 % of the people with 37s, coilovers etc never use it only on trails my leveling kit and 33's will make it through no problem. Hell even buying a rubicon is a jeep that is used in scenarios most with them never encounter...but hey don't run lights that enable you to see a long way down the road.

Last edited by Kojack; 02-09-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by arjeeper
I have a pair of the Rigid D2 Diffused Floods. I think they're the single best light a Jeeper could buy.

While the huge light bars look cool, and have value, most of us Jeepers are going slow and steady, so it's more important to be able to see a wide and well lit path around our present location--more so than a bright spot a couple hundred yards ahead of us.

They're awesome. The massively WIDE spray of light is great for creeping down a trail, setting up camp, finding lost keys in the dirt, and plenty of other realistic scenarios.

uselss for spotting obstacles in the roads/trails ahead, or spotting animals up ahead either. I can use a flash light for setting up camp, or finding keys...>the lights on my jeep are for driving and running long distances in the night....you know, REALISTIC scenarios!.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
uselss for spotting obstacles in the roads/trails ahead, or spotting animals up ahead either. I can use a flash light for setting up camp, or finding keys...>the lights on my jeep are for driving and running long distances in the night....you know, REALISTIC scenarios!.
Actually, exceptional for spotting on roads and trails in your near proximity when going slow as we typically are in Jeeps. I have them. I know.

Did I say that you should use nothing but a diffused flood? No.

Do you race baja or do SpeedJeep stuff? If so, you're talking about completely different scenarios than me.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

I would NEVER put a set of difused lights on my a pillar. The glare would drive me nuts!..
On my JK I had mine mounted on the front bumper and each was angles out to the side slightly. Worked well and no glare.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I see a lot of people using LED when other lights are better as well! Depends on your desires. I would NEVER put a set of difused lights on my a pillar. The glare would drive me nuts! I find it funny that this comment was made in relation to lighting meanwhile 90 % of the people with 37s, coilovers etc never use it only on trails my leveling kit and 33's will make it through no problem. Hell even buying a rubicon is a jeep that is used in scenarios most with them never encounter...but hey don't run lights that enable you to see a long way down the road.

Perhaps you should make a valid point, or offer up some meaningful experience...

Instead of taking up space on my thread...

These aren't trophy trucks. Redirect this nonsense to the raptor forum.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rescue7
Perhaps you should make a valid point, or offer up some meaningful experience...

Instead of taking up space on my thread...

These aren't trophy trucks. Redirect this nonsense to the raptor forum.
I guess your trails are way more closed in and slow than ours. And also I do a lot of highway driving in the night. like 4 times a week 8 hrs. LONG TIME in the dark. The longer your lights go, the safer it is. Diffused on your bumper is fine. I said on the a pillars. The bumper is where they should mounted.

Quick Reply: Rigid led defused pattern