Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

RK 1.5" Stock Mod Lift

Old 09-19-2016, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK 1.5" Stock Mod Lift

So after several months of waiting (and one aortic aneurysm survived) i finally got a chance to install my lift. Kit included coils, front sway bar links, front track bar, and a rear track bar brkt (i didnt install). Also got bilstein 5100 shocks.

After a week i am super happy with everything. I thought the lift may not be enough, both it ended up being perfect. I didnt measure lift, but i got over 2" easy. Probly about 2.25" net lift in the center of wheelbase. The kit leveled it out some as well. I still have a touch of rake which is perfect for me.

The pics are a little misleading. The front view has an advantageous angle. People thought it was a huge lift when they saw the pic. And the jeep sits pretty level despite the misleading side view pic.

I am as happy with the bilstein shocks as i am with the coils. Firmer is a good way is the best description.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-271936554.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	552.2 KB
ID:	657119   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-677570825.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	452.1 KB
ID:	657120  
Old 09-19-2016, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Siggy
So after several months of waiting (and one aortic aneurysm survived) i finally got a chance to install my lift. Kit included coils, front sway bar links, front track bar, and a rear track bar brkt (i didnt install). Also got bilstein 5100 shocks.

After a week i am super happy with everything. I thought the lift may not be enough, both it ended up being perfect. I didnt measure lift, but i got over 2" easy. Probly about 2.25" net lift in the center of wheelbase. The kit leveled it out some as well. I still have a touch of rake which is perfect for me.

The pics are a little misleading. The front view has an advantageous angle. People thought it was a huge lift when they saw the pic. And the jeep sits pretty level despite the misleading side view pic.

I am as happy with the bilstein shocks as i am with the coils. Firmer is a good way is the best description.
looks good, i installed the same lift 3 months ago and couldnt be happier with it. i installed rancho rs9000 shocks though because of the adjustabilty. great lift though.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ride and looks to have put you at a great height for a DD. I was looking at the kit but with a 2 door its going to put me higher than I want, will only be running 33's. Both RK & MetalCloack disrespect the 2 door when it comes to the 1.5" spring lifts so I will have to look at the Terraflex performance leveling kit. Really would prefer to go RK and wish they would start offering us 2 dr folk the option.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah the height was pretty much perfect. The plan is to wear the 33s down. Then when i go to 35s i will go with flat fenders. Should have plenty of flex room and still have a reasonable CG for a driver.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

It is the right height but you probably still need the flats if you really want to flex it out. I've got the same lift but 2dr and I ended up cutting the flares to avoid tearing them off. If you went with their shock recommendation check your travel each direction to see that you've got the most on either size.

For reference- a stock hard rock rubi 4dr next to my 2.5" stock mod 2dr (1.5" for the 4dr). He's on the 32" factory tires and I'm on 285's that measure 32".......so don't despair 2dr's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160909_192119.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	657125
Old 09-19-2016, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls10jk
It is the right height but you probably still need the flats if you really want to flex it out. I've got the same lift but 2dr and I ended up cutting the flares to avoid tearing them off. If you went with their shock recommendation check your travel each direction to see that you've got the most on either size.

For reference- a stock hard rock rubi 4dr next to my 2.5" stock mod 2dr (1.5" for the 4dr). He's on the 32" factory tires and I'm on 285's that measure 32".......so don't despair 2dr's.

Attachment 657125
Sorry Siggy not meaning to Hi Jack the thread but Karls10jk any chance you have any other side profile shots or your 2 door. I have been trying to find accurate pics of a 2.5" lift and 32-33" tires, its my max height limits and tire size since its my DD. Is 2.5" the true lift you got?

Siggy think you have stock bumpers so did you net the 1.5" or a bit more?
Old 09-20-2016, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Its-a-JK
Sorry Siggy not meaning to Hi Jack the thread but Karls10jk any chance you have any other side profile shots or your 2 door. I have been trying to find accurate pics of a 2.5" lift and 32-33" tires, its my max height limits and tire size since its my DD. Is 2.5" the true lift you got?

Siggy think you have stock bumpers so did you net the 1.5" or a bit more?
I didnt measure lift, but i got over 2" easy. Probly about 2.25" net lift in the center of wheelbase. The kit leveled it out some as well.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default for leveling

I was going to go with the stock mod kit but have decided to just stick with stock 32s for now so I am planning to use the RK 1.5" front springs and 3/4" rear spacers for rear, figured I will need new front links possiblly and that should give me a close to level ride without hitting the budget hard. Do you all think I will have any other issues?

At somepoint I am going to bumper and winch up front as well than a selectable front locker. Already have added oil pan/trans skid.

I really want to wheel my 2016 unlimited despite being relatively new but realistically it will only be trail riding hand full of times a year be more a camping adventure rig so I am thinking this will be a good all round balanced rig that can still get me or other unjammed if needed. My last Jeep was a 4.0L TJ that I just skidded to death put in some lockrites and went to town.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2016, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MTbjer
I was going to go with the stock mod kit but have decided to just stick with stock 32s for now so I am planning to use the RK 1.5" front springs and 3/4" rear spacers for rear, figured I will need new front links possiblly and that should give me a close to level ride without hitting the budget hard. Do you all think I will have any other issues?

At somepoint I am going to bumper and winch up front as well than a selectable front locker. Already have added oil pan/trans skid.

I really want to wheel my 2016 unlimited despite being relatively new but realistically it will only be trail riding hand full of times a year be more a camping adventure rig so I am thinking this will be a good all round balanced rig that can still get me or other unjammed if needed. My last Jeep was a 4.0L TJ that I just skidded to death put in some lockrites and went to town.

Thanks
I would not suggest the 1.5" front coil with the puck spacer in rear. Based on my front lift I am fairly sure you will be nose high unless you have a bunch of weight up front. Save the money and get a TF leveling kit for 32s. Or get coils all around. But these coils with a small rear spacer sound slike a bad idea.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MTbjer

Thanks

I posted in another thread as well but since I asked here figured I would follow up for anyone curious:

My 2016 Unlmited Willy's Edition with Hardtop, Auto transmission now has the following significant (in regards to weight and body height) mods added:
- MORE Oil Pan and Transmission Skid
- 1.5" Front Rock Krawler Springs
- 1" Rear Teraflex spacers
-2.5" Rough Country Sway Bar Disconnects (adjusted to ~9 inches as opposed to 10 the directions indicate)

I gained 2" of ground clearance at the front of rock sliders.

Test drove over 50 miles on road/dirt road all connected no issues, no issues when flexing utilizing a Jack. Drives almost the same, the front springs seem a little firmer but soak up potholes, large bumps very well.

Will try to get off road soon but expect no issues.

Quick Reply: RK 1.5" Stock Mod Lift