Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rubicon Express 2.5 lift kit (flex pics)

Old 07-01-2015, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love this lift! 2.5" mono went with 17x9 wrapped in 33x12r17. So smooth on and off road.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	764.3 KB
ID:	616569  
Old 07-01-2015, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have issues with the right spring getting unseated during flex?

I only have an issue with the right side it is constantly unseating at the bottom. I already have an easy fix but I thought it was weird.

Don't get me wrong I love the kit. and it flexs pretty good also.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Just in joy

I only have an issue with the right side it is constantly unseating at the bottom. I already have an easy fix but I thought it was weird.

I've never had any problem with mine.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Just in joy

My right rear came unseated once not sure how but four wheel parts put it back for me. Nothing since then.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	flex.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	616851Attachment 616849
Old 06-04-2022, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

Default Extra things

Originally Posted by JKDrummer
Hi guys!

Thanks!...yes this is the Rubicon Express 2.5 coil lift kit w/monotube shocks

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

A.B.

I just got the rubicon express 2.5 with monotube shocks. Was wondering what extra things you need for the lift? It says no need for front drive shaft replacement. But what about control arms and front track bar? Just as my name states. Im new to this aha. What mandatory that i need to upgrade with the lift and what is more of a “better quality of life/ride” upgrade?
Old 06-04-2022, 12:24 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by WranglerNoob
What mandatory that i need to upgrade with the lift and what is more of a “better quality of life/ride” upgrade?
All of the effort when lifting a jeep is to keep decent pavement manners. From that perspective "better quality of ride" is subjective. There is a reason some lifts look more budget friendly than others. The #1 thing you need is some form of caster correction, preferably front adjustable arms (the 2 lowers at a minimum), or some control arm drop brackets. Cam bolts are not a good solution. a 2.5" kit drops your caster probably around 3.2 degrees as a guestimate, down from the factory 4.2 degrees. That might not sound like much but small changes in caster can have a big effect. If that kit didn't come with a track bar then the front is a pretty standard thing so that you can get the axle centered under the jeep. In the rear you should be using a raised TB bracket on the axle which helps some, but won't dial you in perfectly. It's typically "good enough" for now.

If you have, or plan to add, larger tires then keep in mind that will stress all steering components. Ball joints are a big issue on these axles..

Quick Reply: Rubicon Express 2.5 lift kit (flex pics)