Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rubicon vs Sahara

Old 08-30-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BuccaneerJK
I just made the jump from my 07 Sahara to a new 14 Rubi X and love it. Best decision I made. But I can attest even brand new tops leak....
My 14 rubicon unlimited hard top dont leak, even with the long bolts still out (will put them back in one of these days before winter)
Old 08-31-2014, 03:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Seabee CMC
According Jeep's website a 2014 JKU Sport starts at $26,195, a Sahara at $34,995 and a Rubicon at $32,095
What Jeep website did you look at?
Old 08-31-2014, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pancho
What Jeep website did you look at?
Jeep's official website Jeep SUVs & Crossovers | Official Jeep Site | Jeep
Old 08-31-2014, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
My 14 rubicon unlimited hard top dont leak, even with the long bolts still out (will put them back in one of these days before winter)
You got lucky then. Both my hardtop and soft top have a leak and the dealer is talking exchanging freedom panels already.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BuccaneerJK
You got lucky then. Both my hardtop and soft top have a leak and the dealer is talking exchanging freedom panels already.
Did they check the weather stripping? Are the panels straight edged or warped? The only way I could see for the setup to leak is if the plastic panels were somehow cast wrong and warped so they do not fit tightly, or the weather seal strips are defective and have a gap, since the entirety of their lipped edges rest on weather sealing along the roll bars and each other and latch down very snug once you put them on. I can certainly understand weather gaskets having a defect, and maybe even a potential flaw with the plastic panels being molded since plastic is a pain to work with. On the bright side at least your stealership is remedieing the issue.

As for soft tops, jeep soft tops seem to always leak, just go sun shade or jeep kini, cause at least then theres no expectation of it stopping leaks.....
Old 09-09-2014, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Went from '07 X to '14 Rubicon X, after looking into the Sahara. Was leaning toward to Rubicon, and when finally finding an X package, cinched the deal.

Quick Reply: Rubicon vs Sahara