Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rusty's Offroad (Cherry Bomb) Exhaust Installed

Old 03-10-2012, 02:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baeteamjk
Agree with you on the painting. Wish I had done it as well but I was too excited and couldn't wait.
Im pretty sure im going to be the same way, I hate everything about the stock exhaust, looks like I have the Tin Man from wizard of oz riding around with me under my Jeep, can't wait to get it off.

Last edited by JonG82; 03-10-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JonG82
Im pretty sure im going to be the same way, I hate everything about the stock exhaust, looks like I have the Tin Man from wizard of oz riding around with me under my Jeep, can't wait to get it off.
Hahaha awesome and so true! How has this exhaust held up? Wear and tear... Rust? Does it give you any performance at all or just the sound?
Old 08-20-2012, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Performance wise I don't think any of the aftermarket exhausts will make any noticable difference. I was after a little more rumble. The only "trouble" I've had with mine is that the silver "aluminized" finish started to flake off around the welds. Structurally the muffler is built like a tank. The finish problem wasn't a big deal because I wanted to paint it black anyway, which I have since done.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 017.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	356454   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 016.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	356455  
Old 08-21-2012, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

Agree on the build. Rock solid like a tank. Still haven't painted mine but no real issues with rust or finish so far.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by lowendrider
Performance wise I don't think any of the aftermarket exhausts will make any noticable difference. I was after a little more rumble. The only "trouble" I've had with mine is that the silver "aluminized" finish started to flake off around the welds. Structurally the muffler is built like a tank. The finish problem wasn't a big deal because I wanted to paint it black anyway, which I have since done.
Good to hear about the solid build. I live in upstate NY and they salt the shit out of the roads. Could you describe the sound vs a flowmaster?
Old 09-03-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Duecelikeme81
Good to hear about the solid build. I live in upstate NY and they salt the shit out of the roads. Could you describe the sound vs a flowmaster?
Sorry, I can't really comment on the flowmaster. I've never heard one on a JK in person, only soundclips on youtube, and they can be misleading.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Duecelikeme81

Sorry, haven't heard a flowmaster on a JK in person either. I would say it's about as deep but not as obnoxious based on YouTube videos I saw. Then again, those can really vary based on the audio quality.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

Same muffler on my 07, also have a airaid intake.

Quick Reply: Rusty's Offroad (Cherry Bomb) Exhaust Installed