Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show me your half doors

Old 08-17-2015, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by robertgreen79
Love the retrofit kit. I'll be one of the first buyers. Wish the fiberglass ones were coming out too. I would've really liked to be able to paint match.
Well who knows, maybe if the company does well with the retrofit kit they'll decide that it's worth the investment in production molds for the fiberglass uppers, but personally I doubt there would be enough demand to cover the cost of the production molds.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jscherb
The ones in the picture are pre-production samples of a window kit I've been testing for a Jeep aftermarket company, the kit should be on the market very soon. They are designed to be retrofit into factory, Bestop or Rugged Ridge uppers. Installation is very DIY-friendly. Kit will include two slider windows (or 4 for the JKU kit) and all necessary mounting hardware/weatherstrip, and it will be affordably priced.
Jeff

This is absolutely amazing. When these do come out any chance I can have you PM me who has them instead of me playing all Magnum PI and finding them I hope you guys are doing well up there. Have you been back down here anymore? Hot as all get out this summer down here. Thanks

Donny
Old 08-19-2015, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubicon91
Jeff

This is absolutely amazing. When these do come out any chance I can have you PM me who has them instead of me playing all Magnum PI and finding them I hope you guys are doing well up there. Have you been back down here anymore? Hot as all get out this summer down here. Thanks

Donny
Hi Donny,

Nice to hear from you. I'll be in Florida in October, I'm doing a Key Largo to Key West bicycle ride, and after that I'll be on your coast visiting my mom. Maybe we can get together.

I'll try to remember to PM you when these windows are available but in case I forget feel free to nag me.

jeff
Old 08-19-2015, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Donny,

Nice to hear from you. I'll be in Florida in October, I'm doing a Key Largo to Key West bicycle ride, and after that I'll be on your coast visiting my mom. Maybe we can get together.

I'll try to remember to PM you when these windows are available but in case I forget feel free to nag me.

jeff
Ha no worries. I plan to be at Overland Expo East the first weekend of October but after definitely reach out and we can go grab a beer or something. Always nice to see all the designs. I try to keep up with all your ideas but somehow completely missed this. It is perfect timing since I just switched to half doors. Drive safe and enjoy that bike ride to Key West and reach out when you get here.

Donny
Old 08-20-2015, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love my half doors. Every jeep I have owned has had half doors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1502392522.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	457.1 KB
ID:	622076
Old 08-21-2015, 03:17 AM
JK Super Freak

The company that's doing the slider window retrofit kit posted this in another forum, I'm copying it here FYI...

We are nearing the first production run. Waiting on the window company to make a small tweak to the windows to get them ready for production. Other small details like packaging, tint options, etc are in the works before we can get a good estimate on pricing and place the first order.

Regarding window tint options. There are two options I am tossing around and your input would be very helpful.

1st option - Just the standard "clear"(same as windshield) front and rear glass windows.

2nd Option - "Clear" front windows and tinted (31% tint - close to factory hardtop/soft top tint) rear windows. This option would not be significantly higher in price than option 1.

Let me know what your preference would be. Thanks
Old 08-21-2015, 04:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The company that's doing the slider window retrofit kit posted this in another forum, I'm copying it here FYI...
cool what is the other forum ?
Old 08-21-2015, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blockrockin

cool what is the other forum ?
http://www.wranglerforum.com/showthread.php?t=973249
Old 08-26-2015, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love half doors

Click image for larger version