Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show off your militarized Jeeps

Old 08-06-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show off your militarized Jeeps

I don't know if anyone started a thread like this, but it would be cool to see some Jeeps with a military theme.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eric71
I don't know if anyone started a thread like this, but it would be cool to see some Jeeps with a military theme.
Great idea for a thread. I'm going for the military aesthetic myself, although not quite as full on as a few Jeeps I've seen. I'm going for a stripped down look that is based on the Willy's. I'm not trying to recreate the original though, I'm trying to keep in the spirit. So rather than bolt a bunch of unnecessary extra stuff on, like huge bumpers and lights etc. I'm trying to reduce the amount of stuff, keeping the vehicle lean and mean.
I'm at the point where I'm trying to think of what to do next, but I don't want to do something just for the sake of it, y'know?
Two things I'd love to do are replace the back seat with something lighter and easily removable, and the other is to replace the rear lights with simple round ones.
In the immediate future I want to get rid of the rollbar covers and repaint the roll bars.

Friends keep telling me to olive-drab the thing, which I like the idea of, but I'm not sure if I need to slavishly follow the military aesthetic to that degree. Which is why I've avoided adding military style decals. I'm not interested in creating a facsimile of a military Jeep...I just want it to look bare-bones and capable.

That said, I'm completely open to ideas, and always love to see military themed JK's.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Jeep isn't militarized per say, but adding an Army trailer sure makes it look that way.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:29 PM
JK Freak

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by xerofall
My Jeep isn't militarized per say, but adding an Army trailer sure makes it look that way.

Definitely. The black wheels help too.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

don't have any pictures as it is currently, but I have a Rescue Green X that I pulled off all the stickers. (even the Trail rated badge!)
In place if the "X" and Wrangler stickers, I put white stars. deciding wether or not I'll put one on the hood.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

JW what colors can pull off this look?
Old 08-07-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Here's mine

Last edited by Razors Edge; 08-11-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Razors Edge
Here's my Mall crawler
Old 08-07-2011, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1338.jpg
Views:	3684
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	191891
I added flat black military decals.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome jeep dynamo. I love the look of your bumper what kind is that? Its great. Simple, functional, yet aggressive

Last edited by amohlenbrok; 08-07-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Show off your militarized Jeeps