Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show off your snowboard/ski attachments!

Old 09-23-2014, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show off your snowboard/ski attachments!

Looking for some options besides roof rails! But hey, if you have those and they look cool, post them up too.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was definitely about to post this within the next week because I need ideas on how to mount my snowboards haha thanks for posting!
Old 09-26-2014, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

I've got a total of I believe $40 in this setup by getting it all used. Yakima Raingutter towers and bars, and Yakima snowboard racks.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UNFMoose
I've got a total of I believe $40 in this setup by getting it all used. Yakima Raingutter towers and bars, and Yakima snowboard racks.
That looks great! Any issues with your setup? Are the rain gutter mounts strong enough to hold a couple of mountain bikes?
Old 09-26-2014, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Big E
That looks great! Any issues with your setup? Are the rain gutter mounts strong enough to hold a couple of mountain bikes?
I actually just got the raingutter mounts maybe 2 months ago. The only reason they are mounted right now is because I moved a few weeks ago and needed to transport them and my snowboads. I have seen other guys on here using them for bikes, but I have been sticking with my hitch rack. I had the snowboard racks and a couple of bike trays from my Rodeo, but I put one of the trays on my girlfriend's car. It is pretty high up there. You would definitely need a step stool unless you are really tall (I'm 6' ish). A lot of guys don't trust the hard top to support it. I have seen Jeeps with the mounted rail system in the middle of the top out here, so that might be a stronger way to go. But, I do think there was a member here who uses the raingutter mounts that forgot to remove his bikes and pulled into the garage. The towers slid out of the gutters and the hard top was only scratched. Made him a believer in these as opposed to a hard mount that might break the top.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been trying to figure out what to do for two years now. I've skied my whole life, but last year I took a break due to bad boots/feet, and two years ago I just put the front passenger seat back all the way (reclined) and put my 185 cm Völkls inside. No bueno.

I already have the actual ski rack holder portion (something like the Yakima FATCAT 6, can't remember exactly what it is) that I got off Craigslist for cheap. So, I was either going to weld up a rack to go into the receiver hitch—with a hinged portion for tailgate access—or drill into the stock two-door hard top and install some rails from an XJ. Or a rail kit from Thule/Yakima/etc.

Has anybody put some short rails on a two-door hard top? I saw the four-door XJ rail install, and that looks clean and useful.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

For the past two season, I ran with this rack set up on the front. I may do something different this season, but it definitely attracts some glances on the highway and slope parking lots.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3669007516.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	577728   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3789007731.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	577729  
Old 10-03-2014, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Bump ttt
Old 10-17-2014, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Interested in spare tire options!
Old 10-19-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hope to have this finished up before the season starts: bolts to LOD tire swing in place of the gerry can holders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2169829866.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	580438

Quick Reply: Show off your snowboard/ski attachments!