Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: Which soft top looks best?
OEM Factory Top
55.56%
Bestop Trektop NX
44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Which soft top? OEM or Trektop NX?

Old 05-09-2016, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which soft top? OEM or Trektop NX?

I have both soft tops, but I am only keeping one. I've been running OEM for almost a year. Picked up the Trektop NX yesterday. I can't decide which one looks better. The functionality pros and cons are a wash for me, so it all comes down to looks.
Let me know what you think!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_2016-05-09_11-18-00_AM.png
Views:	3670
Size:	4.36 MB
ID:	646524  
Old 05-09-2016, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Flexy
I have both soft tops, but I am only keeping one. I've been running OEM for almost a year. Picked up the Trektop NX yesterday. I can't decide which one looks better. The functionality pros and cons are a wash for me, so it all comes down to looks. Let me know what you think!
To be more specific with my vote, MOPAR Premium Sunrider is the OEM top of choice for form-follows-function and versatility IMHO.

I run a SpiderWebShade underneath the Premium Sunrider and find that it is an awesome combination as we usually run soft top down, or if it is up, all windows are installed and it is zipped-up tight.

Last edited by doc5339; 05-09-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me, and I'm on my 2nd TrekTop NX, it's because of the ability to run it as a Safari style top. Aside from aesthetics, that's really the only difference. Yes, you can run the OEM top minus windows, but it's still a regular soft top. The TrekTop NX lacks the c-pillars when run sans the windows. Personal preference really. They do of course look different on a 2DR as opposed to the more slanted style of the Unlimited.

Last edited by SH0RTBUS; 05-10-2016 at 03:21 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok. The votes are 75% Trektop. But there are only 4 votes?d. Lol
Old 05-09-2016, 02:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 4 door just put my new trek top nx on last week or so .... I don't care about the lost storage I'm back and forth on whether or not I like the slanted rear window depending on the angle lol ...... BUT what I like the best is how easy you can flip the front 1/2 of the top back at a stop and have the sun come in. Also love the look of the safari style with the 3 rear windows out and no 2 stupid sails(think that's what they're called) hanging down in the back like with the stock version

Last edited by robsjeep9; 05-09-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally not at all a fan of the slanted back especially on the two door. Think it makes the Jeep look to unbalanced and odd plus "for me" I don't want to give up that little extra space the OEM top provides. Don't know about the other differences between the tops since I have to get form and function in one.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kinda like the "square-ness" of the OEM top. I'd keep that one if it were me, but you should probably ask your significant other if applicable haha. Mine keeps me from doing stupid things and looking like a dork!
Old 05-09-2016, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TreyJK
I kinda like the "square-ness" of the OEM top. I'd keep that one if it were me, but you should probably ask your significant other if applicable haha. Mine keeps me from doing stupid things and looking like a dork!
Lol. My SO doesn't like the Trektop. BUT, she also doesn't like the bumper, winch, wheels, tires, lift, CB, etc...
Old 05-09-2016, 07:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OEM gets my vote. But like everything else, you're the one who has to look at your final decision every day.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Personally I like the OEM top. I'm not a fan of the slant of the Trektop. But that's just me, it's your Jeep.

Quick Reply: Which soft top? OEM or Trektop NX?