Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TJM sliders installed

Old 04-24-2014, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default TJM sliders installed

I have spent the last 2 months looking for a sliders that would fit my needs and let me there are so many choices there I still probably didn't see them all.
The most importance thing for me that them were to be frame mounted so the sliders would take all the impact and not the body. Second I wanted to cover and protect the side of my frame as much as possible so started looking at boat sliders.

Man was I excited when I found the TJM sliders. It was everything I was looking for plus they were half of what I was planning to sped. I would discrible them as mini boat sliders.

I ordered them from Extreme Terrain were I got a great deal on them. From someone that has bought sliders in the past for my last vehicle it should not be this easy. Last it took weeks, I had to pay for shipping and pay extra for powder coating. Non of that happened this time. Sliders were already powder coated and you get free shipping from Extreme Terrain. Now here is the kicker, I don't know if was the fact that they were in stock and we are both on the east coast by I got them in less then 23 hours!

Ok enough of me talking. I will now show you pictures of the sliders.

Here is my Rubicon with the stock rails. As you see from this angle how low the frame sets on the wrangler.

And here is the TJM sliders mounted mounted.

The following users liked this post:
TrailBadger (01-31-2018)
Old 04-24-2014, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Here are some shots showing how they are mounted.

Now a cool thing about TJM is that they build in a place for a hi-lift to lock in their sliders and bumpers.

TrailBadger (01-31-2018)
Old 04-24-2014, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have another pic looking down at the sliders. Just wondering if they can be useful as a step. My chick is only 5'7
Old 04-25-2014, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Monte417
Do you have another pic looking down at the sliders. Just wondering if they can be useful as a step. My chick is only 5'7

There is enough room to places the balls of your feet on the top rail to use as a step.

Here is myself standing on the driver's side sliders with the door open.

TrailBadger (01-31-2018)
Old 04-25-2014, 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you very much
Old 04-25-2014, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do these mount? Do they use the same bolts as the ACE sliders or do you have to drill through the frame?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. I may have to look into these.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look great! I have the TJM stubby rock bumper and love it! I also have their t-case and engine/oil pan skids.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mcochrun13
How do these mount? Do they use the same bolts as the ACE sliders or do you have to drill through the frame?
No they don't mount to the body mount.
They bolt on directly to the frame using existing holes with only 1 hole that needs to be drilled on the passenger side. There are 3 legs to each slider and each leg has 2 mounting points.
In the second post I have pictures showing the lower mounting points. In the pictures you can see how the legs are mounted using the 2 lower gas tank shield mounting holes and the cross bar mounting hole that runs under the exhaust.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GoBig
They look great! I have the TJM stubby rock bumper and love it! I also have their t-case and engine/oil pan skids.
Your post and pictures is what got me looking at TJM products. I will definitely be getting the rock krawler stubby bumper.

I would like to see how their skid plates mount.

Quick Reply: TJM sliders installed