Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trail damage

Old 07-03-2015, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job on the fix! Better than $1100. Just curious how many hours were on the quote and what was the hourly rate? I could swear I paid around $350 $400 for everything out the door.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll have to check the sheet. It they said they would have it for 5 days, they would be removing the hardtop, fender, bumper etc.

Thanx on the repair compliment. To be honest, I don't really even mind it now. I think I'll end up with corner protection down the road, and that will just go right over it anyway.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you make your fenders?
Old 07-07-2015, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

The fenders were custom made, as well as the bumper and rock rails. All by the same guy.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Sorry to bump such an old post, but I wanted to see if OP ever got around to popping that corner out?

I have the exact same damage on my drive side corner. Literally exactly the same; closest I've found after scouring the internet and clicking through 50 different threads about corner damage.

In the process of trying to pull the dent now, then going to paint and slap on PSC corners...but the slide hammer hasn't done much. I'm thinking about screwing in an eye screw/bolt, running paracord to a tree or pole, and crawling away slowly in 4lo.

OP, you done anything about it yet? As it sits now, the corners won't sit flush along the top.

Tip to anyone running stock tail lights: the only reason the corner crunched in like this is because of this plastic piece on the back of the tail light. It is removable, and just fills a gap between the tail light and body. Unfortunately when the tail light taps something, that plastic filler piece has the perfect amount of leverage to crunch the top of the corner in like this. Remove it while you can, and maybe you'll only have to replace your tail light instead of dealing with corner damage.

Last edited by BoraBora; 12-12-2017 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:05 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Tip to anyone running stock tail lights: the only reason the corner crunched in like this is because of this plastic piece on the back of the tail light. It is removable, and just fills a gap between the tail light and body. Unfortunately when the tail light taps something, that plastic filler piece has the perfect amount of leverage to crunch the top of the corner in like this. Remove it while you can, and maybe you'll only have to replace your tail light instead of dealing with corner damage.
I'd never thought about that. I added PSC corners (keeping the factory lights) because the POS factory license plate holder smooshed in the bottom corner of that same panel. Well, I damaged my passenger side quarter panel too which is what REALLY brought me to adding the corners. That said.....what you've highlighted could STILL happen to me since the corners I have are basically cut out around the taillights.....and that plastic is still contacting the factory sheet metal on the corner. ugh. I best be careful
Old 12-13-2017, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by resharp001
I'd never thought about that. I added PSC corners (keeping the factory lights) because the POS factory license plate holder smooshed in the bottom corner of that same panel. Well, I damaged my passenger side quarter panel too which is what REALLY brought me to adding the corners. That said.....what you've highlighted could STILL happen to me since the corners I have are basically cut out around the taillights.....and that plastic is still contacting the factory sheet metal on the corner. ugh. I best be careful
Yep, my buddy removed the plastic piece and also tapped a tree: only his tail light cracked.

If you remove it, you're good.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Well, I figured I'd do a step-by-step instructional of how I'm going about fixing my damaged corner.

Posted in the Member Writeups ​section.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:51 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Sorry to bump such an old post, but I wanted to see if OP ever got around to popping that corner out?

I have the exact same damage on my drive side corner. Literally exactly the same; closest I've found after scouring the internet and clicking through 50 different threads about corner damage.

In the process of trying to pull the dent now, then going to paint and slap on PSC corners...but the slide hammer hasn't done much. I'm thinking about screwing in an eye screw/bolt, running paracord to a tree or pole, and crawling away slowly in 4lo.

OP, you done anything about it yet? As it sits now, the corners won't sit flush along the top.

Actually it bent because you backed into something. That side of the corner has no reinforcement behind it so having that filler piece on there really makes no difference as it would still push in if you back into something.

Quick Reply: Trail damage