Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trailskinz.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailskinz.

Anyone wheel with these magnets. Not sure how they hold up out on the trail. Looks like a great idea. Just not if they are worth the hassle

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2604628276.jpg
Views:	1106
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	571706
Old 08-17-2014, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've never had them so I can't give a first hand review. But they get awesome reviews in all the local clubs here that I've seen. They are on my shopping list.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was just researching them yesterday. This is my second black vehicle and the pinstriping got really bad on my last vehicle and would like to prevent or minimize it as much as possible on this vehicle.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have them in my "wish list", I just haven't pulled the trigger. I bought a silver jeep cause it hides a lot and if the cost ever comes down or I find a used set I will probably jump on them.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
I was just researching them yesterday. This is my second black vehicle and the pinstriping got really bad on my last vehicle and would like to prevent or minimize it as much as possible on this vehicle.
I am in same boat as you. Black Rubicon and that sound of branches dragging across my doors is killing me. Nothing I havent been able to buff out but for a couple hundred bucks I am gonna try em out. I actually like the look of the flat black Trailskinz on the Black jeep.I havent seen em in person and not much on internet as of reviews or comments worth a shot
Old 08-17-2014, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone interested in paint protection should check out Rig Rubbers.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DanBlan
Anyone interested in paint protection should check out Rig Rubbers.
I checked these guys out. It looks like this is vinyl protection for paint where Trailskinz have heavy duty magnets.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubi55
I checked these guys out. It looks like this is vinyl protection for paint where Trailskinz have heavy duty magnets.
Magnets and paint don't play nice together. Plus you have to wash your rig every time you want to use magnets.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DanBlan

Magnets and paint don't play nice together. Plus you have to wash your rig every time you want to use magnets.
Got big money into my rig and tend to keep it clean so no biggie. Gonna give em a try to slow down the pinstriping and still have decent shine. Rig is only a year old and yeah I wheel it but still want to save the shine for a while
Old 08-17-2014, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd be more worried about dents than pin stripe...

Sent while my wife wasn't looking...

Quick Reply: Trailskinz.