Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trailskinz.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use 'em. Have plenty of pinstripes....was just tired of getting the deeper ones.
Went with Trailskinz. Love 'em.
They are great magnets. The only thing (as others have mentioned about paint)...is put them on, but dont "drag" them to adjust. pull off and put back on. According to Trailskinz, you ahould put them on a clean Jeep,etc. I cant say i wash the Jeep to go and get it dirty in just a few minutes...so mine go on without a wash. They dont move when on, so it isnt like you are scratching the paint with them.
they DO however need to come off after wheeling....you dont want the moisture trapped between the sheets and the body.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much do thay cost?
Old 08-18-2014, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Pats fan
how much do thay cost?
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3869801137.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	571835
Old 08-18-2014, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

I also have a black Rubi and I used these for a couple years and was happy with them. I had them through trails that were so overgrown the 1/2" thick branches forced my mirrors closed, knocked fenders loose and prevented us from opening the doors. After a couple runs on badly over grown trails WITHOUT my Trailskinz, I gave up on the paint. As mentioned, you need to apply these to clean paint, and remove them to adjust, do not slide them. I sometimes left mine on for days at a time, a few times for almost 2 weeks. But keep in mind the longer you leave them on, the more dirt, dust and moisture can become trapped between the skins and the paint. This could lead to paint damage or compromise the magnetic bond, which is why it is best practise to remove them after each outing. You should also consider their limb risers and windshield pillar guards.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubichronic
I also have a black Rubi and I used these for a couple years and was happy with them. I had them through trails that were so overgrown the 1/2" thick branches forced my mirrors closed, knocked fenders loose and prevented us from opening the doors. After a couple runs on badly over grown trails WITHOUT my Trailskinz, I gave up on the paint. As mentioned, you need to apply these to clean paint, and remove them to adjust, do not slide them. I sometimes left mine on for days at a time, a few times for almost 2 weeks. But keep in mind the longer you leave them on, the more dirt, dust and moisture can become trapped between the skins and the paint. This could lead to paint damage or compromise the magnetic bond, which is why it is best practise to remove them after each outing. You should also consider their limb risers and windshield pillar guards.
Do you have any pictures showing them installed? Where did you store them?
Old 08-18-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DanBlan
Anyone interested in paint protection should check out Rig Rubbers.
For that price I would rather have the magnets. They don't look reusable.

I guess for a fraction of the price you can buy the 3M clear coat spray on stuff.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mschneid
For that price I would rather have the magnets. They don't look reusable.

I guess for a fraction of the price you can buy the 3M clear coat spray on stuff.
You are correct. They are not reusable. They go on once and stay on so you're always protected.
They come off pretty easily too incase you ever need to replace a panel.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
Do you have any pictures showing them installed? Where did you store them?
I didn't have space to store them on a fridge or freezer, so I made a cardboard storage sleeve and stored them behind the couch or in the shed lol. Ideally you would store them stuck on something or at least flat. I know longer have pics that I can post as my laptop with those pics kicked the bucket, but if you go to the website there was a pic of my jeep when it was still stock with the skins on someplace.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

How about a group buy on the Trailskinz? Not sure what the $ conversion is from Can$ to US$ or what freight would be.

I have a quote from Pat from 12/3/2013:

"$289 for the four door JKU which would cost $36 to ship because they are quite heavy!"
Old 08-19-2014, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

look atthe shape...any decent sign shop can replicate the trailskinz....very simple.

trailskinz seem to be wht the newbs here in bc get....6 months later they ditch them for either no protection or for rig rubbers.

if your going to do it...do it right the first time and get rig rubbers.

Quick Reply: Trailskinz.