Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trek Armor Seat Covers - First Impressions and Review

Old 02-05-2015, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
Looks awesome. How'd you paint the vent rings?

Honestly, they twist off. Turn about a half inch and they pop right out. You tube it. Pretty easy.
Then use a fine sand paper just to scuff it up. Wipe it down, and paint.
I have done the speaker covers in the roll bar, vents, tweeters, sub, And the door handles.
The door handles I really like as I had myself, the wife, and my boy put their fingerprints in black, over the olive, and before the clearcoat. To put their "mark" on our usual seat in the jeep!
Thats more info than you asked for, I get like that sometimes...
Old 02-05-2015, 10:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayjk
Honestly, they twist off. Turn about a half inch and they pop right out. You tube it. Pretty easy. Then use a fine sand paper just to scuff it up. Wipe it down, and paint. I have done the speaker covers in the roll bar, vents, tweeters, sub, And the door handles. The door handles I really like as I had myself, the wife, and my boy put their fingerprints in black, over the olive, and before the clearcoat. To put their "mark" on our usual seat in the jeep! Thats more info than you asked for, I get like that sometimes...
Haha well thanks for the info! I'll have to practice my rattle can skills and give it a shot
Old 02-05-2015, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jayjk
Scrappy - I think you would be fine. The material in of excellent quality, and made to take what ever you throw at it. And with a shade over the top I really think you won't notice a dramatic increase in heat. That said you could always add a two tone to your interior as I did, and get seats to match!
The center console cover is that trek armor aswell? With that does it still get scorching hot like it does un covered ?
Old 02-06-2015, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Center console - YES, it is Trek Armor, or rather BARTACT ( which is still Trek Armor)
And YES, it reduces the stove hot plastic of the center console!
Old 03-12-2015, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

I've got three sets of Trek Armor covers for a 2013-2015 JKU available in my sale thread, here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-a...or-oem-317512/
Old 04-06-2015, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks JK Forum, once again!

Just ordered mine today! Black on Graphite!
I have the anvil colored Jeep. I cant wait to get them in!
Thanks to you guys, I chose these over that shabby Wet Okole crap!

You guys are GREAT!
Old 04-16-2015, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am wanting to order a set but I'm curious if the wrinkles ever come out? Maybe I'm just seeing them because most of the pictures are taken just after they are installed.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RumBar
I am wanting to order a set but I'm curious if the wrinkles ever come out? Maybe I'm just seeing them because most of the pictures are taken just after they are installed.
They come out, I have no wrinkles. They fit real snug leaving no real room for wrinkles.

You will be very happy with them, especially if, like me, you bought some cheaper neoprene seats first. My cheap set lasted less than 2 years, they were severely faded and had rips/ wear spots on them.
My Trek Armor covers are 4 years old, have no noticeable fading, no rips/wear spots.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Black2013JK
I'll be honest and cop to not reading through this whole thread but I have been searching for my question without much success for some time. I installed a set last night and feel like it went pretty easy. I'm just not sure where the velcro is supposed to attach to on the butt side of the seat. I assume on the back portion the two sides velcro together but where does the bottom cover velcro go? I watched a couple videos, found a few install threads (JK adventure) but there was no specific mention of this. I was thinking you could stretch it as low as possible then stick it to the oem fabric but wasn't sure.

One other question I had was about the headrest holes. I was thinking that the plastic bits that have the release mechanisms would go ABOVE the covers but in the pics I have seen that is not the case. Can this be done? I just figure it would/will be a pain to adjust the headrest without easy access to them. Thanks.

My Install Tip: put some clear packing tape on the "rough" velcro before sliding it between the two seat pieces. I also used some nylon rope in the bottom cover tabs to pull the seat cover back and in place.
I don't see where this dude's ?'s ever got answered and I have read 40 something pages looking for the same info. Surely someone has dummied up some directions on this enough that I can even get it. I'm not much on winging my way through even the seemingly simple things.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by neelylb
I don't see where this dude's ?'s ever got answered and I have read 40 something pages looking for the same info. Surely someone has dummied up some directions on this enough that I can even get it. I'm not much on winging my way through even the seemingly simple things.
The seat bottom velcro attaches to the back/bottom of the front seat, you pull it back as far as it will go and then secure it firmly to the seat fabric in the back/bottom of the seat. As for the headrest adjustments, you can trim the holes as big or as small as you want to fit the over or under the adjustment buttons. Cut and "x" in the seat cover tops and then tuck the 4 triangles that the "x" made underneath the headrest buttons. They will still remain virtually waterproof since most of the cut will be under the headrest buttons if you cut then carefully and only as big as necessary to tuck them under.

Quick Reply: Trek Armor Seat Covers - First Impressions and Review