Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trek Armor Seat Covers - First Impressions and Review

Old 04-24-2012, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThwopKing
How does the cover its self feel? Its rip stop nylon correct? Is it like sitting on plastic grocery bags?
haha, not like grocery bags... maybe a gym bag? or a nylon punching bag? They are not noisy, and they don't give you swamp-ass like neoprene does... They also don't slide/stick to your clothes so they hold tight to the seat. You can see mine still have a few wrinkles from shipping, but it's been cold here. Those will go away soon... So, long story short, not at all like grocery bags. Very pleasant material.
The following users liked this post:
Steven Foster (01-01-2021)
Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prime8

haha, not like grocery bags... maybe a gym bag? or a nylon punching bag? They are not noisy, and they don't give you swamp-ass like neoprene does... They also don't slide/stick to your clothes so they hold tight to the seat. You can see mine still have a few wrinkles from shipping, but it's been cold here. Those will go away soon... So, long story short, not at all like grocery bags. Very pleasant material.
I like these very much. Did you get seat heaters?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Headrest adjuster

Prime8, did you remove the headrest adjusters up front or just cut a slot in the rip stop material? Do they jst pull out using force? I just cut a small x for the posts for now.

Last edited by Sharkey; 04-24-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Forum software delete
Old 04-24-2012, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sharkey
I like these very much. Did you get seat heaters?
No. Didn't consider it actually. I just wanted nice, durable, rugged covers. Didn't look into heaters or lumbar support or anything. But since Mitch can fab anything he wants, you might be able to work out something with him. I just emailed him actually, and he said he was working with Project JK on outfitting one of the vehicles.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKatfish
Prime8, did you remove the headrest adjusters up front or just cut a slot in the rip stop material? Do they jst pull out using force? I just cut a small x for the posts for now.
I cut an X in the fabric and tucked it around the plastic adjusters. (physically) easy to do and you can't even tell that I cut them. It killed me to cut into brand new beautiful covers with a razor blade, but they don't precut them so that you can cut them yourself to make sure that they fit perfectly.

Last edited by Sharkey; 04-24-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Forum software delete in quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, it took me a few days to cut into mine. I did a test on a sample piece with a bigger X, and it worked, but just did the small x for now. I got the lumbar support, tho the pockets are built in, so you can get one from Amazon or whoever. Generic heater pads are also available from elsewhere. These seat covers really make the Jeep more interesting, and the red adds some "pop" to my otherwise dull interior. I didnt want neoprene either, and they can cost just as much as these...not cheap, but well worth the few extra bucks for TA. Glad to read that you like them as much as I do!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKatfish
Yeah, it took me a few days to cut into mine. I did a test on a sample piece with a bigger X, and it worked, but just did the small x for now. I got the lumbar support, tho the pockets are built in, so you can get one from Amazon or whoever. Generic heater pads are also available from elsewhere. These seat covers really make the Jeep more interesting, and the red adds some "pop" to my otherwise dull interior. I didnt want neoprene either, and they can cost just as much as these...not cheap, but well worth the few extra bucks for TA. Glad to read that you like them as much as I do!
Yeah, definitely glad I gave these guys a shot. They did an excellent job with sizing and fitment, plus they look great! Looked at the AEV ones too, but they didn't look as nice and were mighty expensive for what you get...
Old 04-24-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

What about dog hair?

Does it get embedded in the material, or would it easily vacuum out?

They look great!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07UnlimitedMD
What about dog hair?

Does it get embedded in the material, or would it easily vacuum out?

They look great!
Well its a tight weave and it is the tear resistant fabric, which from what I can tell, means that the fibres are semi-melted onto a polymer sheet underneath...? So hair definitely shouldn't stick to it, but ill be getting a puppy for my son this coming Sunday so I can give you an update! Picture an Under Armour gym bag... It's similar material to that and dog hair wouldn't stick to that...
Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

FYI... In case it isn't clear, the seat-back bags are easily moveable/removable to other locations on the seat sides and back. I just mounted mine in those spots. They mount solidly too through the seat-back strapping system. No movement. I forgot to try last night, but I think my pre-packaged first-aid kit will fit perfectly in the larger rear bench seat bag...

Quick Reply: Trek Armor Seat Covers - First Impressions and Review