Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trek Armor Seat Covers - First Impressions and Review

Old 04-25-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I'm really digging these. Prime8 (or anyone else), did you compare these to the "Coverking Tactical Seat Covers?" Cabela's is carrying the Coverkings now; I stumbled upon them when looking for a better MOLLE cover than those offered by SmittyBilt. Here's a link to the where I found them:

Cabela's: Coverking Tactical Seat Covers

I am swaying toward the Treks, but before I drop half a grand on seat covers, I want to make certain I'm fully informed! Here's a link to another thread I started a couple of days back wherein the Trek's received good reviews.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...covers-228474/

Thanks for the review; again, really looking tight.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gen. Goodtimes
Man, I'm really digging these. Prime8 (or anyone else), did you compare these to the "Coverking Tactical Seat Covers?" Cabela's is carrying the Coverkings now; I stumbled upon them when looking for a better MOLLE cover than those offered by SmittyBilt. Here's a link to the where I found them:

Cabela's: Coverking Tactical Seat Covers

I am swaying toward the Treks, but before I drop half a grand on seat covers, I want to make certain I'm fully informed! Here's a link to another thread I started a couple of days back wherein the Trek's received good reviews.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...covers-228474/

Thanks for the review; again, really looking tight.
Didn't look into any Cabelas covers. But if they are made for mass consumption at a nationwide chain, I'd imagine they'd be more generically sized, and not as well fitting. Plus, like everything else in that store, probably overpriced and never on sale too! Haha.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

Spill test... Accidental. Spilled over half of my mug full of coffee today by bumping it off my center console while loading a long box between the seats from the back door. Didn't notice for over a minute. When I finally did notice, a pool of coffee was on my seat, draining onto the back seat floomat. I ran across the garage to a roll of paper towels to soak up the pool. It took over half a roll, but I got almost all of it because the seat covers caused it to pool... Had that happened on my factory seat, it would all have absorbed by the time I realized it was happening. The cover was slightly damp, so I removed it and set it on the backseat to dry. With the windows cracked and 60 degree temps, it was dry by lunch time. Nothing worth using on a daily basis is waterproof, but these proved to be very water resistant. Probably even more so if scotch-guarded. So, very pissed I spilled the coffee and was late for work, but very happy at the performance of the covers. They passed the test!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats good to know. The backing material under the padding is suppose to be waterproof as well, so liquids will only get thru the thread holes.
I had looked at all the big name neoprene covers and didnt want to chance it if I didnt like the feel or wear or fade characteristics. As for the Coverking Tactical, if they include 6 bags, I'm not sure how good the actual seat covers will be at that price, plus it seemed like a long delivery time, with only 3 color choices. You get what you pay for.
You see the seats and sit on them everytime you drive, so make it something you enjoy Sitting on or looking at. If you like loose fitting covers or sheets or just a towel, go with it! Just my .02.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Didn't have to remove it, but it made me feel safer sitting in my seat without the cover since i was wearing khaki pants and didn't want to risk a brown stain on my butt... Not flattering in the engineering world... Haha. Probably could have left it since only the surface was slightly damp, but it only took a minute to potentially save me a day of embarrASSment.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Has the material smoothed out after being on for a while now?
Old 05-03-2012, 04:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MYJEEP
Has the material smoothed out after being on for a while now?
Yeah. Just started to warm up a little these past couple days, it was in the 50s last week... The warmth definitely helps them smooth out. They didn't look bad slightly wrinkled either though. I'll be setting up my roof sling tonight so I can hopefully put my Trektop NX on on Friday. Once the soft top is on, they should smooth out even more. Although remember, they have essentially zero stretch, so if you don't have them installed square on the seats, some of the wrinkles might not go away due to bunching from improper install.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I have 1 or 2 wrinkles on the bottom, but as they stretch out a bit, they should go away. I agree, they still look and feel great! The fit is tight and the velcro is very aggressive on the bottom. As I use it more and it finds its own center, I pulled the bottom even tighter thru the hole and then re tightened the laces which helps. The molle straps are really versatile. I think TA will be offering more bags, but you can get them at a surplus store. I moved mine from the back to the sides and they are really convenient and easy reach. You can get just seatcovers or you can get Trek Armor....
Old 05-03-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys! Going this route to replace some worn wet okoles. Have fun!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are the seats the same for the pre 2011 jks and the post 2011 jks?

ie, If I got covers for my 2010 and upgraded to a 2012/13, would the covers still fit?

Quick Reply: Trek Armor Seat Covers - First Impressions and Review