Unlimited 1/2 Door Pics In The Wild

Unlimited 1/2 Door Pics In The Wild

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dsy

Default Unlimited 1/2 Door Pics In The Wild

Yark Automotive in Toledo. Two of them on the lot.

Flame red unlimited Rubicon, 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto ordered 7/21/06, Delivered 10/4/06 2" OME HD lift, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant, Marchal E-Code lamps, Katzkin leather, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 MyGig with Allgig usb and I-pod intergration, ya its got a Hemi. http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=55111

i dont like it as much as i thought i would

Yeah, I figured they'd be ugly with the top up, but that's not really what these are intended for.

wow, i'm really glad i didn't get half doors now.
    2015 Baja Yellow Rubicon
    2004 Black TJ Rubicon - sold
    2007 Rescue Green Unlimited X - sold

Interesting - I have a mixed reaction as well. Part of me thinks that with the full doors the 4Dr JK doesn't look like a jeep should (what ever that means) when the top is down. Just doesn't have that full open air look. Those pics posted of the half doors and top down looked really nice. It made me wonder if I should have waited.

But, after seeing these pics, I don't think I like it either - at least with the windows on. Just seems like too much in the way of zipper windows. And from a lazy standpoint, I have to admit that the zipper windows (which I have used before) would get old for daily use. Plus, now even more windows to store!

I still feel the answer is a set of soft doors that allow you to take off the full doors in the summer (for those of us where it gets cold) and have the soft doors on to make it easy to take them on and off when needed.

Default Weird!!!

Take a look at the 3rd Jeep back in that 1st pic. It looks like a 4 door but why does it look so dang small compared to the rest?

JK Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by OBXJK View Post
    Take a look at the 3rd Jeep back in that 1st pic. It looks like a 4 door but why does it look so dang small compared to the rest?
    The third one back must be up ay a higher elevation, maybe the lot slopes up there. Either that or it s a concept mini lowrider yet to be released.

dsy

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool23 View Post
    The third one back must be up ay a higher elevation, maybe the lot slopes up there. Either that or it s a concept mini lowrider yet to be released.
    If I remember right that 3rd one back is a two door Rubicon. And yes the ground does rise as you go back some.
    Flame red unlimited Rubicon, 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto ordered 7/21/06, Delivered 10/4/06 2" OME HD lift, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant, Marchal E-Code lamps, Katzkin leather, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 MyGig with Allgig usb and I-pod intergration, ya its got a Hemi. http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=55111

I give the factory half doors two big thumbs down! I am hoping Bestop hurries the hell up and makes some 2-piece soft doors so we can have some easy and light doors. Oh yeah and price them CHEAP! The ones for the TJ were around $389. Seems like all the JK accessories are much more expensive right now.
    JK # 3: 2011 Sport, Flame Red, Automatic/Hardtop

33" Goodyear Duratracs l 15" Vision Warrior 375 Rims l Rusty's 2" Lift l Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks l Tuff Stuff Rockrails
    Bazooka Bass Tube l Shorty Antenna l AEV Procal l PSC Evap Skid l Northridge4x4 Swaybar Links l Tuffy Security Enclosure l Pavement Ends Front Bumper l HF 100W Off Road Lights

JK Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by armycop View Post
    I give the factory half doors two big thumbs down! I am hoping Bestop hurries the hell up and makes some 2-piece soft doors so we can have some easy and light doors. Oh yeah and price them CHEAP! The ones for the TJ were around $389. Seems like all the JK accessories are much more expensive right now.
    The actual window opening part looks like it should be taller towards the top. Will compare this to the two door with half doors. Maybe its just the angle of the photo. Maybe Jeep had negative reaction to the look from the marketing dept that's why its never been shown in any ad , commercial, trade show with the top up on the unlimited with half doors?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast