Notices
JK Suspension This forum is dedicated for the selling of factory and aftermarket Jeep JK Wrangler suspension components only. This would include items such as coil springs, shocks, control arms, track bars, relocation brackets and complete lift kits.

2.0 12in travel king coilover 600 bucks

Old 01-04-2015, 05:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Just out of curiosity what size lifts will this fit roughly? I have a 2.5inch lift and will probably bump to 3-3.5 in the future.
WOW, I guess you don't have a clue what coil overs are.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Looks like he means what size coils in the front will match these coilovers in the back. I have this coilover setup front and back and about as low as you can go with these rear EVO bolt on coilovers is 3 inches.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the coilovers adjusted all the way up to the lowest setting and I am a light 2 door and I have about 3.5im front plus a small day star spaced so I saw about 4in of lift in the rear but I have no wright back there so someone with a bumper will probably be able to adjust right to the correct size
Old 01-04-2015, 09:42 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

all you have to do is swap out for a shorter upper coil or run a lower coil rate. IMO the EVO set up is too stiff for a comprotable ride anyway.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

I guess you're the keyboard warrior around here. Yeah i know what a coilover is. The reason i asked is because of the compressed and extended lengths of the coilovers. After i asked i went online and looked at the 12inch coilover compressed and extended lengths to see if it would work on my current set up. Any other smart replies you feel the need to say now?

Originally Posted by JKZinger
Looks like he means what size coils in the front will match these coilovers in the back. I have this coilover setup front and back and about as low as you can go with these rear EVO bolt on coilovers is 3 inches.
Thank you for not being a smart ass and answering the question.

From my current setup with the vehicle on its own weight im at 22inch from eye to eye on, so i would only have about 2 inches of uptravel with 12inch coilovers unless i bumped up to a bigger lift.

Last edited by mhockey9090; 01-04-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:17 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Sorry, they way you phrased the questions it looked like you were going to run standard coils plus the coil overs. Coil overs generally require new mounts so comprssed and extended lengths really are meaningless until you decide where you are going to run the mounts.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:09 PM
JK Junkie

Sorry, they way you phrased the questions it looked like you were going to run standard coils plus the coil overs. Coil overs generally require new mounts so comprssed and extended lengths really are meaningless until you decide where you are going to run the mounts.
yep, this is true with coilovers as the mounts are different. Not sure why you don't think you are getting enough flex or stuff with that rear EVO setup. I get a huge amount front and back with mine and really don't need any more.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Now we are on the same page. I still have a lot of research to do to run coilovers but ultimately it would be nice and having a set like this for $600 only makes me want to do it sooner. Im trying to look at brackets for the lower mounts but im not seeing anything that will be lower than the current stock ones. I see there are numerous mounting options for the upper bracket but if i could use a mounting bracket that goes over the stock one then it would help save on cost a bit due to the fabrication skills in which i don't have.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

If you are wanting to go the coil over route I would buy these and put them up front and leave the rear on conventional coils. $600 for a set of kings is a pretty good deal.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

If you are wanting to go the coil over route I would buy these and put them up front and leave the rear on conventional coils. $600 for a set of kings is a pretty good deal.
Thats true, I didnt even think about that. I am getting a work bonus here soon but of course ill need to run it by the boss first.

Quick Reply: 2.0 12in travel king coilover 600 bucks