Notices
JK Suspension This forum is dedicated for the selling of factory and aftermarket Jeep JK Wrangler suspension components only. This would include items such as coil springs, shocks, control arms, track bars, relocation brackets and complete lift kits.

WTB: YOUR HELP! Virginia

Old 05-18-2016, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: YOUR HELP! Virginia

So I decided it's time for a new lift, since my springs are about 3 bumps away from disintegrating from the sheer amount of rust. I looked at local shops including a Jeep shop that all quoted me for over $550 to install. I thought maybe someone in my area with a little expertise could help me slap this bad boy on one weekend for some cash and/or beer and grub. It's a 2.5" Teraflex suspension lift with shocks going on a 4 door JK. I can't see myself paying over 6 Benjamin's for something that can be done with a little know-how and some tools.

I'm located in the Fredericksburg, VA area.

Last edited by CLB_JK_2013; 05-18-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You need to check out novajeepers- it's a free forum with a $20 membership fee that will help you source people to help out with a lift.

Alternatively, I'm 4 hours south and would help out.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a free forum that charges $20? What am I missing?

Northridge 4x4
Old 05-18-2016, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The forum is free, admission to the club and related club events/ discounts has an annual $20 fee- I should have been clearer on that. They've got heavy discounts in the area to where your $20 pays for itself your first use of the club discount.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
Its a free forum that charges $20? What am I missing?

Northridge 4x4
Old 05-19-2016, 04:04 AM
JK Freak

If I was in your area I'd help you for free. I've done several TJs and JKs. They aren't very difficult, but it helps if you have a lift. I've done a few in driveways/ garages. Totally doable, just takes longer. Biggest thing is take your time. If you don't find anyone to help, YouTube is your friend! If you go that route just make sure you watch several videos because there are some folks that get YouTube happy and are experts on something they have never done.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepguyinMS
If I was in your area I'd help you for free. I've done several TJs and JKs. They aren't very difficult, but it helps if you have a lift. I've done a few in driveways/ garages. Totally doable, just takes longer. Biggest thing is take your time. If you don't find anyone to help, YouTube is your friend! If you go that route just make sure you watch several videos because there are some folks that get YouTube happy and are experts on something they have never done.
Appreciate the help, the Jeep community has never let me down. If I end up doing it myself and get really lost, I'll be back on here with an SOS message.
Originally Posted by karls10jk
You need to check out novajeepers- it's a free forum with a $20 membership fee that will help you source people to help out with a lift.

Alternatively, I'm 4 hours south and would help out.
I'll definitely check it out, and thanks for the offer. I'm more than likely going to avoid udinf a shop so I'm going to feel out the other jeepers in the area before trying to tackle it myself.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CLB_JK_2013
So I decided it's time for a new lift, since my springs are about 3 bumps away from disintegrating from the sheer amount of rust. I looked at local shops including a Jeep shop that all quoted me for over $550 to install. I thought maybe someone in my area with a little expertise could help me slap this bad boy on one weekend for some cash and/or beer and grub. It's a 2.5" Teraflex suspension lift with shocks going on a 4 door JK. I can't see myself paying over 6 Benjamin's for something that can be done with a little know-how and some tools.

I'm located in the Fredericksburg, VA area.
When u doing this? What's your kit install? What tools and what access do u have or not have? I'm in virginia beach put my 3.5 RK on myself for a day and half time. I'm busy this weekend however.

Quick Reply: WTB: YOUR HELP! Virginia