Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

$1500 Help

Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $1500 Help

Hey guys just thought I get some insight on everyone's ideas. So my birthday is on Memorial Day so as a gift from family they game me $1500 to spend on my Jeep!!!! I will list what I already have and y'all's input is what I need!!!!!!

Volant cold air/snorkel
31" bf-Goodrich tires
8k HiD headlights
Mygig w/ lock pick and reverse camera
Full redone sound system
Smittybilt front bumper w/ 8000 xti winch
Hard top/soft top/bikini top
Bike rack

****ive only been off roadin hand full of times in this jeep, previous tj jeep used to go atleast once a month

(Contemplating on a lift but not familiar with JK lifts)

I live in Houston, Texas and can travel to Dallas as well.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sliders, skid plates, budget boost, I guess it really depends on how handy you are.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't lift it too much. If you do, then you'll want bigger tires. It's a vicious cycle. From your post it doesn't seem like you do the kind off-roading that would require skid plates. I'd think about a new rear bumper, spider shade, doors? (Soft, trail, half) or even new wheels. There's so much cool stuff out there.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gusset your C's.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSteve
Sliders, skid plates, budget boost, I guess it really depends on how handy you are.
x2 If I was going to start over, I'd go with armor first.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bigger tires, lift, or flat fenders. The JK lift is easier the a TJ lift to me. You usually can do all the alignment in you driveway
Old 05-22-2013, 05:23 AM
JK Newbie

Hmmm... Thanks alot guys I'm not looking to get bigger tires due to the fact it's my daily driver and for work I put about an average 80 miles a day. So I'm guessing the lift maybe a the next step any suggestions on which kind and one?

2009 with 132000 miles lol
Old 05-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dweebster
Hmmm... Thanks alot guys I'm not looking to get bigger tires due to the fact it's my daily driver and for work I put about an average 80 miles a day. So I'm guessing the lift maybe a the next step any suggestions on which kind and one?

2009 with 132000 miles lol

Why not look into a Soft Top for the summer months? It will give you the option to go topless much easier than the hard top does. You'll find a whole new love for you Jeep when you can walk out of work on a warm day and have the top off for the ride home. I don't care how bad of a day I've had once I climb in my Jeep with no top and doors and drive home. One of the best feelings on the world!

Hope this helps!

-Zach
Old 05-22-2013, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by XTZach
Why not look into a Soft Top for the summer months? It will give you the option to go topless much easier than the hard top does. You'll find a whole new love for you Jeep when you can walk out of work on a warm day and have the top off for the ride home. I don't care how bad of a day I've had once I climb in my Jeep with no top and doors and drive home. One of the best feelings on the world!

Hope this helps!

-Zach
I already have a soft top and a bikini top

Quick Reply: $1500 Help