Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2 door or 4 door

Old 04-16-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 door or 4 door

Hey I'm prob going to wait to get the 2014 wrangler just don't know which one to get right now I have a 08 liberty and I'm ready for a upgrade ... Opinions are greatly appreciated
Old 04-16-2013, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

4d definitely.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

I think it may be lifestyle dependent. I need a 4d due to family stuff, and I don't yet have add-ons to my rear tire carrier, so the extra room when wheeling is a must.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have any kids, dog etc.....it just me and my girlfriend......I prefer the 2 door....I do see the 4 door having advantages in space though, but I can get a rack or carrier gear to carry more if i need to. I've gotten good at doing expedition type camping in my TJs so loading the JK is pretty easy....it all comes down to your wants and needs.....
Old 04-16-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Search...it's been debated many times over. Depends on your lifestyle.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default 4dr

Originally Posted by Patty11190
Hey I'm prob going to wait to get the 2014 wrangler just don't know which one to get right now I have a 08 liberty and I'm ready for a upgrade ... Opinions are greatly appreciated
I chose the 4dr because of the added rear cargo. I don't often use the back seats for people, but the extra length is nice for hauling gear and what not. Also, i'll make trips out west to fly fish and i must say that it nice to be able to fold down the rear seat and sleep in the back of my rig

I will however note that not all 2dr'ers will return my wave

CRV_05
Old 04-16-2013, 05:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes this is a huge can of worms that has been opened several times. There's a few threads out there with some members with passion for 2 and 4 doors.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

I believe the 4 door has better towing capacity as far as allowable weight. Again, lifestyle dependent. This may not be of any concern for you personally.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a wife and five month old daughter. I rock a two door. The pass seat hinges like the yj did. Makes a baby seat not a big deal to get in and out. ESP if u have what we do and a base that stays in and seat just clicks in and out. When she out grows this shell be climbing back there and ill just reach back a buckle her. Sure if would be a lil easier in a four door but two doors are cheaper and jeepier. I've had a door door on loan from dealer. Not bad at all but I miss mine.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I could have got a 2dr but went for the 4. Just me and the wife and 3 dogs, but when I want to take my buds out out and show them how awesome the jeep lifestyle is the 4 makes it easier for me and the extra space is awesome as well. I do get some flack from my other jeep buddies with their 2drs and they call me the short bus. All I tell them is I need them I need the short bus to pick up you retards when you get stuck, and before I get blasted for that one my buddies have YJs not JKs. It's all in good fun and what makes you smile when you look in your garage

Quick Reply: 2 door or 4 door