Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2 door to 4 door

Old 05-31-2015, 11:14 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Emptied Each Pocket
... While I don't get the pleasure of loading a bunch of college girls and gear in it, I do get to conserve the mileage and take my wife's civic (saves money too)... .
Would love to see a picture of how exactly you "take [the] wife's Civic" in your two door JK. I would have thought that was too much load even for a four door! ;-)
Old 05-31-2015, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Would love to see a picture of how exactly you "take [the] wife's Civic" in your two door JK. I would have thought that was too much load even for a four door! ;-)
Yeah dude, I fold it up and slip it right into the back of the cargo area!
Old 07-03-2015, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

I can't remember who posted that they could do a jk s done for the same price as a jkur. But that's just not true. Considering lockers gearing, transfer case, front and rear d44. Wheels tires 1in. Lift. Little amenities that come standard. I had this long debate with myself when I was shopping for a new jeep. I thought about either a new sport or a used rubi. And for what it comes with vs. Price. My sport would have wound up costing more just to make a rubicon. I wound up with a 4dr. Jkur. That thing kicks butt. It's very confident both on and off road. I know the turning radius is bigger. But 1 con for so many pros just seems worth it. Definitely the best jeep I ever bought. And I've had tj, yj and xj.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in the exact opposite position. Currently own a 14 jku willys and want to get into a 2 door sport to build into a old school beach cruiser. I've taken my JKU up and down the east coast without fail but my wife and I really crave the traditional look that only a 2 door can do for us. I also have 2 kids 5 and under and think we will be just fine in a 2 door.

Quick Reply: 2 door to 4 door