Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2 dr roof rack system

Old 07-03-2015, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 dr roof rack system

What is the best roof rack system for a 2dr soft top? Im looking for minimal wind noise and to maintain the functionality of my top.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black_14_jks
What is the best roof rack system for a 2dr soft top? Im looking for minimal wind noise and to maintain the functionality of my top.
I have several freinds who would recommend gobi it is however slightly annoying takeing the top off but is doable by your self. I think youll be hard pressed to find a rack that makes it easy to take the soft top down/off. Also take a look ar garvin industries they make some good racks as well.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robbins84
I have several freinds who would recommend gobi it is however slightly annoying takeing the top off but is doable by your self. I think youll be hard pressed to find a rack that makes it easy to take the soft top down/off. Also take a look ar garvin industries they make some good racks as well.
Ive been looking into both of them, any input on the wind noise?
Old 07-03-2015, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is a link to a YouTube review I put up regarding the Garvin roof rack. I go through how to operate it and even talk a little bit about noise. Check it out

As far as noise goes with the soft top adding the wind deflector certainly made it livable. I talk about it more in the vid.

Let me know if you have any questions.

http://youtu.be/X6p3Uu4T_vY
Old 07-04-2015, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Machoo
Here is a link to a YouTube review I put up regarding the Garvin roof rack. I go through how to operate it and even talk a little bit about noise. Check it out

As far as noise goes with the soft top adding the wind deflector certainly made it livable. I talk about it more in the vid.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/X6p3Uu4T_vY
Looks pretty good man
Old 07-13-2015, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tagging along on this thread because I'm looking into the same thing right now. I don't want to do any drilling so the Garvin Adventure Rack seems perfect, except that the rack basket is smaller than the Expedition Rack's.... bummer.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeeprCreepr13
Tagging along on this thread because I'm looking into the same thing right now. I don't want to do any drilling so the Garvin Adventure Rack seems perfect, except that the rack basket is smaller than the Expedition Rack's.... bummer.
Im in the same boat lol

Quick Reply: 2 dr roof rack system