Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Transmission Question

Old 01-01-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for all the responses!

Hey everyone thanks for all the helpful info on this thread.

I know some of you are saying "they can't void your warranty" - you're right, they can't just nullify your warranty... but they *can* flag your VIN as modified. Each dealership I went to told me that due to me changing the wheels/tires to wheels with different backspacing and larger/wider tires I changed the geometry of the vehicle - which, even though it's minor, it is absolutely true... I just can't see a wheel/tire upgrade causing that much havoc on a vehicle... especially one that should come with that size of tire stock.

At any rate, I went and test drove a 2012 JKU Rubicon with auto trans and a 2012 JKU Sport (3.73) with manual trans and I gotta say... the manual had me grinning from ear to ear even though it wasn't 4.10 gearing. I think I'll be ordering a manual and will work on teaching my wife to drive it.

Thanks for all the advice guys! I'm thinking I'll place my order on Tuesday. Now my final hangup is do I get a black or silver JKU Rubicon?

Happy New Year!

Quick Reply: 2012 Transmission Question