Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK Soft Top

Old 07-10-2013, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK Soft Top

I just bought my first Jeep about two weeks ago. It includes the Sunrider feature in the soft top. Can anyone tell me (when using the Sunrider feature...not putting too all the way down) if you should remove side windows or back window? I removed back window once and the sail panels came loose from the Jeep.

I love my Jeep. Does it ever get easier to close the soft top? I have the hardest time closing it.

Thanks fellow Jeepheads!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, you don't need to remove your windows when just operating the sunrider, and yes it will get easier to mess with once the material starts to stretch. Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-10-2013, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No you don't have to take the windows out. I am sure over time it will stretch out. If you do it in the sunlight the heat will help you out too.

I do run with the windows out a lot and the sail panels do flop around so I just tie a short bungie ball around them and they are fine.

Mine is a 08 though and it is getting a little tired (stretched out).

Quick Reply: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK Soft Top