Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2013 JK prices

Old 11-01-2012, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2013 JK prices

I got the green light and coming back to the fold. 2 years ago, due to economic reasons because of a long commute, I was forced to get a Subaru OB. Nice car. Can't touch 33mpg/25mpg. But it ain't Jeep. Closest to fresh air I got was windows down and a sunroof. Oh boy.

So what kind of deals are out there? How close to invoice (or below) are people getting?

Looking to go back to my 2dr Sahara I guess a lot of us find our way back.

Thanks!!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

During the last two months, I've seen anywhere between 2% and 7% under invoice, all depending on how well you negotiate. I paid ~2.5% under invoice when I ordered my 2013 JKUR in September...
Old 11-01-2012, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by palehorse
During the last two months, I've seen anywhere between 2% and 7% under invoice, all depending on how well you negotiate. I paid ~2.5% under invoice when I ordered my 2013 JKUR in September...
Wow, pretty good! So this wasn't "on the lot" deal? You were able to special order and still get 2.5 under?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid 7% under inv for my 12 jkur that i ordered and 8.5% under for my 13 jk off the lot (dealer transfer)
Old 11-01-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default Subscribing

I am planning on buying as well in the next few months - subscribing...
Old 11-01-2012, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

You'll get a better deal if you buy from a larger volume dealership, too. When push comes to shove, they ultimately want to just sell a unit.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Spank
You'll get a better deal if you buy from a larger volume dealership, too. When push comes to shove, they ultimately want to just sell a unit.
Most definitely! Which begs a question; can one still find a good deal even if it's a special order?
Old 11-01-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wrz0170
Most definitely! Which begs a question; can one still find a good deal even if it's a special order?
Yes, absolutely.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wrz0170

I'd also like to know this. Logic tells me that you can score a better deal on an in-stock unit considering the dealerships are all about the sale now. The sooner you and your new ride are off the lot, the sooner they can fill in both spots.

Since I will be in the market for a manual transmission and lots are full of automatics, I'll be forced to at least buy from a dealer trade or special order. Since it's that or nothing for me, they'll have me by the meat pouch. The trick is to not let them know that.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Terry Hesticles
I'd also like to know this. Logic tells me that you can score a better deal on an in-stock unit considering the dealerships are all about the sale now. The sooner you and your new ride are off the lot, the sooner they can fill in both spots.

Since I will be in the market for a manual transmission and lots are full of automatics, I'll be forced to at least buy from a dealer trade or special order. Since it's that or nothing for me, they'll have me by the meat pouch. The trick is to not let them know that.
I always thought the same thing. Dealers want to get rid of "on the lot" inventory as quickly as possible. But with special order, it is a guaranteed sale and its in and out within a few days of arrival. Doesn't that save money in the long run for the dealer?

Anyone do good with a special order?

Quick Reply: 2013 JK prices