2013 Updated Jeep Ordering Info

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
  1. #1
    JK Newbie Keschete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    58

    Default 2013 Updated Jeep Ordering Info

    My husband is a sales manager at a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep.


    My husband was in the Jeep ordering system this evening (Sunday 6/3/12)and the PGH code now shows it as Commando Green and it is not at this point available to order as a color. It looks like all the 2012 options are available.

    Colors on the Sahara and Rubicon so far:

    White
    Black
    Deep Cherry
    True Blue
    Dozer

    Tonight these are the only colors on the system. Obviously these will change, but this is what the system has so far. I did not have him check the Sport options because I am going to be trading my 09 Sahara for either another Sahara or more likely a Rubicon. Let me know if you have questions. No pricing information is available yet, but since I am going to be ordering as early as July, I should have more specific info as days go by. Thought you all might like to know.
    2013 Deep Cherry Red Rubicon (on order) 2009 Deep Water Blue, Wrangler Sahara, 2006 GTS Blue, Dodge Viper, 2002 Electron Blue, Z06 Corvette

  2. #2
    JK Super Freak JK-Tex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Commando Green, eh? That's a very old Jeep color. Was originally going to be called Polynesian Green for 2013. I gotta say, the old Jeep Commando Green looks a lot more Polynesian than it does Commando!

    Not really my thing...

  3. #3
    JK Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    22

    Default

    From another forum... Commando green! Not too shabby.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1558110381.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	325233  

  4. #4
    JK Super Freak JK-Tex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDgirl View Post
    From another forum... Commando green! Not too shabby.
    That's not a Jeep swatch. That is indeed a great color, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Jeep has a real cruel streak when it comes to colors. They COULD give everyone the olive that everyone has been wanting, but they won't. Just to be mean.

    I mean hell, Sahara Tan only ran for like 13 months. It should be a standard JK color, year in year out.

  5. #5
    JK Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JK-Tex View Post
    That's not a Jeep swatch. That is indeed a great color, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Jeep has a real cruel streak when it comes to colors. They COULD give everyone the olive that everyone has been wanting, but they won't. Just to be mean.

    I mean hell, Sahara Tan only ran for like 13 months. It should be a standard JK color, year in year out.
    So true. There should be an olive or tan color available every year. I still love the "chargold" of my 96 ZJ, or what's left of it.

  6. #6
    JK Junkie Sapper12b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,909

    Default

    Im more interested in this "True Blue" and if Dark Forest Green will be offered for the 2013 ?

  7. #7
    JK Enthusiast Vanilla_Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
    Im more interested in this "True Blue" and if Dark Forest Green will be offered for the 2013 ?
    Why True Blue is pretty gross lol, and BFG was nixxed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1333.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	325302  

  8. #8
    JK Newbie on the rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    charlotte,nc
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keschete View Post
    My husband is a sales manager at a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep.


    My husband was in the Jeep ordering system this evening (Sunday 6/3/12)and the PGH code now shows it as Commando Green and it is not at this point available to order as a color. It looks like all the 2012 options are available.

    Colors on the Sahara and Rubicon so far:

    White
    Black
    Deep Cherry
    True Blue
    Dozer

    Tonight these are the only colors on the system. Obviously these will change, but this is what the system has so far. I did not have him check the Sport options because I am going to be trading my 09 Sahara for either another Sahara or more likely a Rubicon. Let me know if you have questions. No pricing information is available yet, but since I am going to be ordering as early as July, I should have more specific info as days go by. Thought you all might like to know.

    Thanks for the update! I still can't believe there will be no flame red! What a shame!

    Do you know when we will be able to go in and order a 2013 and what the delivery times might be?

  9. #9
    JK Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Burbs of Chicago
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDgirl View Post
    From another forum... Commando green! Not too shabby.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK-Tex View Post
    That's not a Jeep swatch. That is indeed a great color, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Jeep has a real cruel streak when it comes to colors. They COULD give everyone the olive that everyone has been wanting, but they won't. Just to be mean.

    I mean hell, Sahara Tan only ran for like 13 months. It should be a standard JK color, year in year out.
    I found that swatch, and UHB (Up Hill Bill) was able to actually get it loaded on the site.

    Is isn't a Jeep swatch.....but....Pat let us know that the color shown is similar to what it will actually look like. It will be a clear coat.

  10. #10
    JK Super Freak JK-Tex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panthermark View Post
    I found that swatch, and UHB (Up Hill Bill) was able to actually get it loaded on the site.

    Is isn't a Jeep swatch.....but....Pat let us know that the color shown is similar to what it will actually look like. It will be a clear coat.
    That would be fantastic. Jeep would sell the hell out of that Commando Green. Like a slightly darker, browner Rescue Green. Might also explain why the much-rumored Dune was nixed. Olive Green and Dark Tan would be kinda close together.

  11. Default JK-Forum


Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •