Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2017 Recon vs 2018?

Old 02-23-2017, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is good point. We saw the same thing with the TJ, it took most of the product cycle for the aftermarket to build top quality products. The first suspension lifts for the TJ were so bad that you could make a right turn on pavement and the right front tire would lift off the ground the whole way around the turn. So not only does it take Chrysler most of the product cycle to perfect their vehicle, it takes the aftermarket a good part of that time to perfect their products. Buying at the end of the product cycle makes more sense, but you don't get the "latest and greatest" vehicle that way. I think I've reached a point in my life where the latest and greatest doesn't matter as much anymore.

I'm working with the dealer now on getting a Rubicon Recon. Its the same dealer I've worked with for 15 years now. I just send the person I work with an email telling him what I want, and he gets back to me on price.

Last edited by MOPWR2U; 02-24-2017 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As far as special editions go, I think it's pretty badass. I mean, most cost too much and leave a lot to be desired. But it's still freakin sweet.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd do the Recon JK. If the JL's end up being bad ass I'll get one after they've been out a few years and aftermarket parts are caught up and bug's have been sorted out.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well its a done deal, I completed the deal on the Rubicon Recon today. I ordered a two door in the Gobi color, with a black hard top, auto trans, 4.10 gears, and the heavy duty tire carrier and tailgate hinge. Also a few creature comforts like the hard top liner and the nine speaker stereo with navigation. Now starts the waiting. The only mods planned are 35" Irocs mounted on the stock wheels, and a Warn M8000s mounted in the stock front bumper.

Last edited by MOPWR2U; 02-24-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
Well its a done deal, I completed the deal on the Rubicon Recon today. I ordered a two door in the Gobi color, with a black hard top, auto trans, 4.10 gears, and the heavy duty tire carrier and tailgate hinge. Also a few creature comforts like the hard top liner and the nine speaker stereo with navigation. Now starts the waiting. The only mods planned are 35" Irocs mounted on the stock wheels, and a Warn M8000s mounted in the stock front bumper.
I'm super jealous
Old 02-24-2017, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did they give a time frame on how long this year you will be able to buy the recon?
Old 02-24-2017, 09:42 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds almost exactly like mine, except I got Granite Crystal and added the side airbags and the vehicle tracking to save a bit on insurance. The dealer is telling me it's scheduled for delivery sometime around the 14th of next month. I'm getting pretty anxious.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by silverbullet88
Did they give a time frame on how long this year you will be able to buy the recon?
They're supposed to run through the end of production. If that means they'll carry over to the 2018 JK I have no idea, but I'd say you should be able to order one until July or August at least.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Keep your jeep till next yea and buy the new LJ don't buy it when they first came out

Quick Reply: 2017 Recon vs 2018?