Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

255/60r18 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 255/60r18 Nitto Terra Grapplers

So next month when the snow is leaving im getting new rims and tires. I picked out some 18" Fuel pump rims. Now im looking for a nice tire. I will not be lifting my jeep just yet with no douts. A local tire place told me the 255/60r18 would be one of the largest tires with no lift but will look good too. Any thaughts or comments i'd love to hear some feedback before i go spend the $2500
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3192968891.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	435863   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3224866633.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	435864  
Old 03-19-2013, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've never owned nitto tires so I can't comment about that, but I took a look at nitto's site and it seems a 255/60-18 is only 30" tall? The stock rubicon tire is about 32" tall if I'm not mistaken. I like that you're thinking about a relatively narrow tire; I personally don't get the wide tires on a small vehicle like a JK but that's just me. A bridgestone dueler at 255/70-18 for example is 32.1" tall, or a goodyear silent armor 255/70-18 is also 32.1" tall.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JeepJoel
So next month when the snow is leaving im getting new rims and tires. I picked out some 18" Fuel pump rims. Now im looking for a nice tire. I will not be lifting my jeep just yet with no douts. A local tire place told me the 255/60r18 would be one of the largest tires with no lift but will look good too. Any thaughts or comments i'd love to hear some feedback before i go spend the $2500
JeepJoel,

From what I have heard, Nitto Tires wear quicker on the street as compared to other brands like BFG, other than that I have heard a lot of positive reviews about them. You can run up to a 33" tall tire on the stock suspension. The 255/60-18 is the factory size and most likely is all that shop is allowed to install. Most shops are bound by their insurance policies and are legally only allowed to install the tire size that cam form the factory.

As I said, you can run up to a 33" tall tire with no lit and not affecting driveability of the Jeep very much at all. I ran 33"s on 2012 with barley any noticeable difference. You can also get basically any tire you can imagine in the size you are looking for. If I were you I would look into a BFG A/T or the Nitto Tera Grapplers like you mentioned.

Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions, Ill help you out!

-Zach
Old 03-19-2013, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain

JeepJoel,

From what I have heard, Nitto Tires wear quicker on the street as compared to other brands like BFG, other than that I have heard a lot of positive reviews about them. You can run up to a 33" tall tire on the stock suspension. The 255/60-18 is the factory size and most likely is all that shop is allowed to install. Most shops are bound by their insurance policies and are legally only allowed to install the tire size that cam form the factory.

As I said, you can run up to a 33" tall tire with no lit and not affecting driveability of the Jeep very much at all. I ran 33"s on 2012 with barley any noticeable difference. You can also get basically any tire you can imagine in the size you are looking for. If I were you I would look into a BFG A/T or the Nitto Tera Grapplers like you mentioned.

Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions, Ill help you out!

-Zach
Thank Zach! I think your right on how they are only allowed to go by the books. They did allot of looking before they had answers. Maybe a 33 is the better choice. Thanks allot
Old 03-19-2013, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

i have 265/70/18 BFG Rugged Terrain and they only rub at full lock in reverse and its only barely.. and too me they look more aggressive than the nitto's...check out SEARS they have pretty good prices on tires
Old 04-29-2013, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Default fuel rims

Originally Posted by JeepJoel
Im looking at 18"Fuel throttles .. but im wondering if you installed your Fuel Rims yet?.. the back spacing on min is +14, is that a big deal? No idea, I want to click the order now button but im scared that they won't fit without a lift or spacers

mike

Quick Reply: 255/60r18 Nitto Terra Grapplers