Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

35's on a 2.5 in BB lift without new shocks??

Old 02-05-2016, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35's on a 2.5 in BB lift without new shocks??

I've had a 2008 2d Wrangler for about a year now and have only installed a new front bumper. Everything else on my jeep is stock and I am looking to upgrade it by getting a 2.5 in BB lift and putting on some 35's. It's my daily driver but I'm interested in taking it offroading every once in awhile. Nothing to intense, maybe just hitting a few trails.

The following is what I'm planning on doing so if I'm missing anything important or if you guys have any tips, please let me know as I'm fairly new to this game. Thanks!

-35xR17orR15
-2.5 BB lift without shocks
-Going to use my stock wheels so will also be getting 1.5 hub spacers
Old 02-07-2016, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TF BB comes with shock extensions. You could go cheap and get some Rubi shocks. Helped my ride a little better compared to the stock sport shocks.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your lift doesn't come with them make sure you get some front disconnects for the front swaybar. Airing down and disconnecting are the two most important things in preparing for trails IMO.

Quick Reply: 35's on a 2.5 in BB lift without new shocks??