Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4 Point Seat Belt in Stock Rear Seats

Old 05-30-2013, 11:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 4 Point Seat Belt in Stock Rear Seats

OK i have seached and found nothing.

Has anyone put 4 point seat belts in the rear of JKU with stock seats?
If so what belts, where did you mount and do you have pics?

It would be great if there was a setup where you could attach to the childseat loops behind the seats, like a Y design belt, and then do the same in the front where a childseat clips in.

Anyone know of anything like this???
Old 05-31-2013, 12:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can only answer one part of this. Hopefully those a little more experienced can answer the rest.

Rockhard 4x4 sells a bar that attaches to the roll cage behind the rear seats (they also make one for the front) I believe the bar is $149 and its made to attach harnesses to. Hope this helps!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was discussed a while ago in reference to 5 point harnesses. It is EXTREMELY important when setting up 4 or 5 point harnesses that the mounting for the harness is just below the shoulder line of the person using it. This means there is no one size fits all set up. Also I would not set up the harness connecting to the child anchor points. Those are meant to take the force of a child in a child seat during a crash not necessarily anyone larger. That is most likely the reason your not finding much. There really is no safe way to do it without a full cage to mount off of.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the help.

Looks like I'm getting a RockHard Harness bar and a Crow Harness.

My son is turning 5 and he's 50lbs. and 49 inches tall. So... he'll be out of the car seat soon and into a nice harness setup. He loves riding in the JK and I love keeping him safe!

Last edited by RoccoV; 06-01-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Quick Reply: 4 Point Seat Belt in Stock Rear Seats